Forgot to take it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all.

I'm new to this group and on Bisoprolol 2.5 mg a day for tachacardia, following OHS. 

I'm usually good about taking it on time, every day, but this morning, I was sleep deprived when I woke, zombied down to the kitchen and made my morning cuppa. About 3 hours later, I noticed my med box was completely empty, and I can't remember if Sunday morning was the last, or not, so I can't remember if I took my pill?

Should I take one, and risk doubling up, or should I potentially skipping it for the day? My heart rate is down to the mid 50's on it, and I've had no episodes of Tach. since 30th July.

Anyone else done this before, and if so, what were you advised to do. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Check yr heart rate I'd not take one today but take it in the morning at yr normal time. If concerned ring 111
    • Posted

July, it's currently only 2BPM faster than my regular rate right now. I will continue to monitor it throughout the day, and I will call 111 if it speeds up. Thanks for the advice. 
  • Posted

Hi Kristi,

The advise generally given on missed taken pills, is to not take another one until the time prescribed.

Also try taking your Bisoprol in the evening so that you sleep off any ill effects.

Best wishes Ken.

• Posted

I was advised by my Cardiologist and surgeon, to take it in the morning. Maybe because I take my blood thinner at night? I will ask my new Cardiologist about it on Tuesday when I see him, as I do have ill effects from it, even on a low dose. Thanks for your advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.