Fortunately I'm not

Posted , 7 users are following.

Not sure.   I've been to a dozen AA meetings and was of great appreciation for my discussions with the group.    These folks are awesome/happy and I can be one of them.  If you can bear with me for a moment.  I read the AA book (both of them) cover to cover.   The alcoholism issue that is dealt with is different than what I face.

I have never thrown up, I have never blacked out.  I may have passed out a time or two but not in the past five or more years.  

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The site is limited, so let me clarify.  I do not like alchohol (though it is my crutch right now) and I see it as a problem.  I personally want to be done.  My deep dive showed me that it is not alchoholsm necessarily.   So what is it?   I never go too deep with Alchohol, meaning no more than 6-8 drinks max.  but I use it to solve the anxiety angle.   It's hard to define anxiety, but I need to give this up.  I can share my history to share why I am where I might be where I am.  Looking for folks that have troubles with alchohol, but not detrimental  effects.  Can you share your inspiration and support?  Ask and thanks.  
    • Posted

Anxiety is something that's difficult to manage without medication. I take nothing for it but have done in the past, including a lot of vodka for breakfast. AA are mostly a religious cult that only want to know you if your clean. As soon as you relapse they will wash their blue stained ( big book) hands of you, blame you for not working their utterly stupid 12 steps& so therefore be blameless, in fact, this rejection will increase your desire to drink! AA are a bunch of super dated cult members who will rebut any 21st century medical breakthroughs in the treatment for alcohol dependency. E.g. Say the serenity prayer every morning, what an utter load of tosh. But, if your that weak willed, and believe a group of strangers in a rented basement of the local derelict building can restore your sanity, well, you've gottA be insane to even get there. Go see your doctor, they do get paid for their services😃
    • Posted

Hi, I would say if you really don't like booze and you only use it to medicate anxiety and help you sleep, it would be much better and safer for you to see your doctor for help with anxiety and sleeping and forget the drink. Good luck.
  • Posted

I use to drink to cover my anxiety for years would drink just to level out the anxiety, only got help when l studied mental health and knew antidepression drugs could solve my problem l now take Citalprom it has done wonders for me all the anxiety is gone and am ever so happy, see your GP.
  • Posted

In AA they call what you have NEVER done the "YETS".

Alcohol is progressive....you may never throw up...or black out.

But, you may crash your car, end in jail, hurt your liver or other organs in your body.  It never gets better and only gets worse.

I drank for over 22 years...and never threw up, I do think I blacked out (you wouldn't necessarily know you blacked out untils someone tells you something you did or said that you don't remember)....

I never lost my kids, my home or my job...but I did lose myself...didn't really know who I was without a drink...and the last time I ended in hospital my body organs were shutting down...all from alcohol 

• Posted

Me too.Never lost my kids,job,crashed my car,never got done for drunk driver(although that was a miracle)..,.but was still drinking up to 30 units of alcohol a day
    • Posted

Wov Nicole...30 units a day? how are things these days? I do not think that I know your story so far..pardon my ignorance..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.