Forum numbers

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just realised the anxiety and depression forums have the highest number of members than other conditions! Just goes to show how many people are fellow sufferers. 

It annoys me that we have to wait for treatment at times when we need it most and that the NHS doesn't give it the priority it deserves, mental health problems are reaching epidemic levels and thankfully it's driving the change in public perception over it. I'll be challenging my MP over it now the election campaigning has started and luckily I know my MP as he's deputy leader of the house of commons and his opponent is volunteering at a community group I'm involved in so I'm gonna press the issues as I see them.

im not political by the way...  Lol

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I agree, mental health issues in this country have taken a poor second place for far too long, good for you!
  • Posted

I agree too I have to wait months for actual one to one 

counselling what's the good of that. My depression has gone on for years on and off I have taken various meds.  My head a messa t the moment cos I had to be taken off

citalopram as I was so drowsy and headaches.  So I'm not on anything till Sunday.

i feel likes guinea pig. Anxiety and depression I suffer from.

hopefully we will get better help.

• Posted

Well done you Neil. 

Please don't go taking on to much though.

You can take on the world when you are well but while you are a little vulnerable, don't overwhelm yourself xx

• Posted

I'll take my time just nip away at them especially when they are at the door canvassing. X 
  • Posted

Typical example of what I'm talking about.. Referred for CBT which I've had before but 10-15 week waiting, so my employers said they will pay, had bad episode Dr refers me as urgent referral so went today and it was an assessment as to whether to refer me to....... You guessed it CBT, with a few numbers such as Samaritans... Not impressed and total waste of time. 

Liken it to having a broken leg... Go to X-Ray put in plaster then referred to orthopaedic nurse to take plaster off and X-Ray it to see if my leg is broken. 

Dooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.