Found a huge help in the war against scabies.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi Everyone.  I've dealt with this nightmare for about two years now.  I've done all the usual stuff...seen the doctor, tea tree oil, neem oil, wrapped matress in plastic, sulpher soap, etc...  

Here's what is working so far for me (knock wood).  Bought straight up permethrin from Amazon (32%).  Continued with the usual protocol, began making sure my toilet seat was either covered or sprayed with alcohol based disinfectant and then began washing my clothes and bedding with both borax and AMMONIA (like at least a cup per wash).  That last part was new and I was amazed at the difference.  

Try it.  

3 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, what is the exact product/ link of permethrin that you bought from amazon? I've had these stupid mites for 5 months and I feel like they've gotten immune to the treatment

• Posted

I've had scabies now for 3 months. It is the WORST nightmare that I have ever had. Thank the Lord above that I have been out of work during this period. I don't know what I would have done. I thought for a while before I seen a physician that I was going to lose my mind over the relentless itching, crawling feeling, sores and scabs. WHERE I got this from?? I have NO IDEA! I don't have a relationship with anyone; I don't sleep with anyone except my cats. I have NOT had skin-to-skin contact with ANYONE. SO, where did it come from? At first I thought it was chiggers since I have tomato plants. It started under my waistline where my shorts or pants fit. These bites were NOT going away. Strange... Then, they moved to my upper back shoulder blade. From there, the infestation went crazy. I had no idea. I could write a book on the research that I have done. Bottom line, I finally went to the physician since I was about to admit myself into a hospital. I had more sores on my back than SKIN! It was AWFUL! They gave me 5% Permethrin Cream. Yes--it has been working. However, I do the full body treatment AND spot treatments each night as mentioned if I feel ANY activity at all in ANY area. It seems to be working. I wash clothes, bedding, towels, washclothes, etc. CONSTANTLY EVERYDAY. I dust all the time; clean everything and have even steam cleaned the carpets. THIS will WEAR YOU DOWN. It has been 4 weeks of treatment; I still have new sores, but they seem to be dwidling down. Geez! What a NIGHTMARE! AGONY AND TORMENT! Yes--they need to do more Research on this.

• Posted

I have a similar story and don't know what to do. Health Care professional don't understand. I have been washing my clothes so much my washing machine just broke down.  Sleeping on a plastic covered sofa, many tubes of permethrin 5%. Yesterday, I took my first dose of a systemic med 5 pills and covered myself with Permethrin 5%. I itched all night and still felt them crawling on me.  Woke up with at least six new sites. At the end of my rope.

• Posted

Thank you for the ammonia suggestion. I have had scabies before, not from sexual contact. I get it from toilet seat in Europe in a public bathroom and a gym mat, that is how sensitive I am to these monsters. Anyway, I am very depressed because I can't get rid of this time. I have had it for 3 months and washing clothes so much my washing machine just broke. Permethrin 5% does not work. I live in the US and the primary care doc I saw gave me a systemic med that I took yesterday and covered  myself yet again with the 60 gm tube .  Still itching like mad this morning and new little blisters all over my body. Also, my Neck is red and shiny. Fell helpless

• Posted

The problem with permethrin is that it only gets the surface monsters - it does nothing to affect the egg laying ones under the skin.  On the other hand, ivermect kills the ones under the skin, but doesn't get the ones on top of the skin.  Worse, the doctors claim that permethrin causes crawling feelings, which are just perpetuated with repeated use.  

So with those things in mind, here is what I did.  I used ivermectin (horse paste - make sure it doesn't have additives besides ivermectin) and I used it according to my weight every day for 4 days and then 3 off.  At the same time, I mixed 50% olive oil with 50% tea tree oil and covered myself with it, head to toe, every 12 hours (stay out of the sun, as essential oils can burn when in the sun).  That way, I killed both the ones on my skin and the ones under my skin at the same time.  I did this for two weeks and it was finally gone - after 2 long years.  Plus, the crawling feelings go away after a month, if they are caused by permethrin.  Also, take bleach and clean under your nails and your nail beds, as that is a primary place that these little buggers hide.  Bleach everything you can and wash your clothes in ammonia, in case your water isn't hot enough.  

Good luck and God bless

• Posted

Did you apply this directly to your skin?
    • Posted

Yes, I applied the tea tree oil and extra virgin olive oil mixture directly to my skin every 12 hours.  The benefit here is twofold; 1.) diluted tea tree oil is actually good for your skin (aside from it's scabie killing benefits, it's other benefits have been well documented) and 2.) you can use it for a much longer time on your skin than you can permethrin.  

As for the Ivermectin, the horse paste I used was the Durvet apple flavored ivermectin.  Just so you know.  Good luck and may God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.