Found a little treasure

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey Guys.

Most of us,especially us new ones, battle to find low fat things to cook for dinner without getting bored!! I have also noticed that if you like me and cook from scratch,it is hard to work out fat content! I have mentioned the BBC Food website before and they have a low fat section. I saw the meals look good and tasty and all the info is given per portion! Today I found the website in a book version called 'good food 101, low fat feasts.' I really recommend it as it tells you:-calories,protein,carbs,FAT,saturated fat,fibre,sugar and salt per portion. I think it is going to be my ' cooking bible '. I found it at Tesco's for £5.

Hope this helps any of you who,like me,enjoy good wholesome fresh food but can't figure out how much fat and calories is in the whole meal...

Hope everyone is doing well and staying positive. My nurse has been on holiday so not been for a weigh in for a while,she is back next Friday and I have my appointment to see her. It's been tough not seeing her for so long and not knowing if I have lost or not coz I won't weigh myself on any other scales.

Let's all keep up the good work...

Regards

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

oh that sounds like a great book, must admit on past diets start of great guns but then start to get bored, so ill have to go a get one, anyway hopefully this time will be different as now on the tablets, my hubby brought me 'the calorie,carb & fat bible 2010' £8.50 from amazon fantastic 22,000 listed food items.

only day 2 of tablets but feeling positive at the moment

good luck with weigh in

sam xx

• Posted

that book sounds just what i need, thank you pearl_rainbow i hate ready made meals, and always cook from fresh but never quite sure what the fat content is.

Then once you get fed up you start giving up!! I shall look out for it next time i am in tesco's .

Tilly doll x

• Posted

i need something like this, i love cooking but i just need to know how much fat, sugar etc is in everything.

ive just searched for it on amazon and its only 3.44 with free delivary, baragin!!

• Posted

Thanks looks like a good book. smile
  • Posted

hey smile

i ordered both of the low fat books in the good food section, and they have some really good things in them!

i've only been on the tablets for 4 days but i feel better in my self, and i also feel much better knowing i don't have to stick to rabbit food haha

good luck to everyone smile

• Posted

thanks sammybear, just been on and ordered mine. cant wait for it to arrive so i can start cooking something different. Let me know all of you which recipes you try that are nice and worth ago, and i will do the same.

Take care

Tillydoll xx

• Posted

hiyah thanks for the tip about the books i ordered 2 of them, arrived today and already got my menu sorted out for next week, even the hubby was interested :P

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.