Found a small lump

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently found a very small hard lump inside my rectum. I discovered it after suffering with being unable to empty my bowels properly. I sometimes get blood and mucus when wiping and I'm also getting a deep ache in my coccyx on a regular basis. Does this sound like a hemmoroid or should I see a doc? I have a gastro appointment at the end of June.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

HI, yes, it does sound like that but when you have your appt have them check it at your appt to make sure. Always be sure. They can tell you what do do for it and if it needs to be taken care of.Most likely not. Most folks just live with them and prep H works well to reduce the swelling and any discomfort. If it is strangulated then it may b-need to be taken out, but from what you are saying it sounds like just one of them. If you find yourself straining then you need to find a solution to this, talk to your gastro about the step to take, using a laxative like Mirilax can help or stool softener or dietary changes. Some of the old go to's are prunes and I am sure you can find more online of what foods that will help you go. Don't add alot of fiber at one time, add it slowly if that is what doc says to do and don't take Metamucil if you take medications as it will absorb the medications. If you take meds, use Miralax or stool softener. 😃

• Edited

Thank you for your reply. I am already following alot of your advice. The lump is about the size of a pinhead and doesnt feel like other piles ive had in the past.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes sounds like a hemeroid. I too suffer the same thing 😕

I take 2 movicols everyday.

Goodluck!!

• Edited

saw the doctor today and its not a pile. the doc thought she could feel a mass so Ive had an urgent 2 week referral. bit scared tbh

• Edited

try to stay calm and let us know how did you get on

fingers crossed🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.