Found funny lump swelling but not an actual breast

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

It was only a few days ago that I was saying I’m going to taper coming off  Femoston as was scared of long term side effects. 

Yesterday I found a lump/bludge in the upper part of my chest. Doc is saying it’s probably a fatty lump. And that it isn’t in the breast tissue. Awaiting ultrasound, has anyone else experienced fatty lumps in this area?   Beside myself with worry x 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I have the exact same thing in the exact same spot!! Uncanny!!

I've been a bit anxious about my lump and had it checked at doctors last week. I was told to keep an eye on it and check for growth and pain in area.

I first noticed it last year and is in upper part of chest and looks like fatty tissue. I don't remember having this there before but my mum thinks I've always had slight protruding chest.

I've googled for info and read about condition called pigeon chest but after seeing doc I believe it's fatty tissue.

I may go for a second opinion and ask for a scan to be on sage side.

I do think all these changes in hormones affect our bodies in strange ways. My sister is forever finding lumps and bumps which are fatty tissues.

Hope you're ok and try not to get too anxious about it. Easier said than done I know.

X

• Posted

Hi Dora,

You have really cheered me up, I’ve been in quite a state all day at work but not letting it show.  The fatty lump is quite big, like 2cm long. I do reckon it’s been there for a while it’s only coz I was prodding around yesterday that I found it. Anyway, my mum has lots of them too... it’s just coz it’s on the chest that it’s causing me to panic x 

• Posted

I'm glad it's helped and made you feel a little better.

There's nothing worse than sitting there worrying. I think health anxiety is increased with perimenopause- horrible..

My lump is noticeable so you can imagine what I've been like!

Take care x

• Posted

If it is of any comfort to you, I was having a body scan a few years back, and they found what they call a hot spot in my right breast. I was sent for an ultra sound. The hot spot was dismissed as nothing but a lump was found just below my right nipple, inside my breast tissue. They investigated it thoroughly and told me as I'm a large breasted lady that I had a fat lump in there. Had mammograms since and no sign of it so it must have dispelled itself. If they say its a fat lump it can be easily removed if in an awkward place or it may go away by itself like mine did. I measure a 46GG so a big lass and self examination is very hard for me, but if you are small to medium I cannot stress enough how important self examination the week after your period is. Hope this alleviates your fears. XXX

• Posted

Thanks Tina for your reply. It is reassuring to hear these comments.  I will check after period for sure x 
  • Posted

Oh yes I had one near my left breast, it was fatty tissue build up
    • Posted

Hi Natalie, thx for your reply - much appreciated.  Did they do an ultrasound or mammogram to find your fatty tissue? Just curious as to what tests I have ahead x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.