FOUND LUMP PANIC DISORDER

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone.

So I was having a shower and noticed a very noticeable lump in my right breast (I say breast... I'm an A cup. AA cup. Something like that. It is long and firm and doesn't hurt. It is slightly moveable.

I suffer with anxiety and panic disorder and even though I'm trying to remain calm... I'm not going to ring out of hours for this. It's something I will see my GP about but I can't get there until Monday.

I'm in bed as this is where I go when my anxiety is bad, it's a comfort for me. Trying to keep my stomach from emptying its contents through fear.

Please can someone reassure me or should I be concerned? Be honest please.

Thank you for your time. X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey 

Slightly moveable is good! 

I have a lump to right breast I went dr’s last week confirmed lump and been seen next Friday at breast clinic. I’m scared and suffer with extreame anxiety to but trying to stay calm. Remember 9’out of 10 lumps aren’t cancer. Are u due on your  period? Or just come of?

• Posted

Rosanna is right. Movable is a good sign. Cancerous lumps are usually hard and fixed - you can't move them. Also, most lumps are benign and not cancerous. 

It's most likely not cancer, so try not to stress about it. Go to your doctor on Monday and have it checked out. You'll feel much better when they can confirm it's benign.

• Posted

Thank you.

I've made it tender by poking it. I now feel it's huge and almost like a 2p now. Or changed shaped. I think maybe it is glands? I'm not due my period for another 10 days as I wondered that myself. I thought maybe I'd be due in a day or so but nope not yet.

• Posted

I did a detailed breast check almost two weeks ago and thought that I had found a lump, it appears hard while lying flat but seems softer and movable while stood up, so it could be a case of pressing natural lumpiness onto rib bone, all sorts went through my head!! I saw my GP who thinks it’s normal breast tissue but has referred me to the breast clinic because it’s routine to do so, I am going on Wednesday, I can fully understand your anxiety because I keep poking about, I’m making the paranoia worse!! No matter how reassured we are, we still doubt until we are confirmed ok, but most lumps are nothing and you like me might just be poking about with normal tissue or even cysts.
  • Posted

I've woken up this morning and it feels hot but not hot to touch. I think I annoyed it! Thanks for your advice guys.

• Posted

Mine went hot, I too think it was me irritating it with poking, my thought is that if it’s easy to iterate it must be normal breast tissue if that makes any sense! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.