Found more lymph nodes recently, some are hard and swollen for years

Posted , 1 user is following.

For years I've been struggling with these swollen lymph nodes. I have two hard lymph nodes in my occipital area, the size of a bean, and a softer, more movable lymph node in my armpit area the size of a slightly bigger pea. The lymph nodes in the back of my head have been there for years (maybe 3+?) and the armpit lymph node for years as well (discovered two years ago). Recently ive noticed small bumps on my neck but dismissed it as veins, but still the thought bothered me so i checked today and found a small, pea-sized movable lymph node in my neck, different from the bumps that i think are veins (now im starting to not think they r veins).

Do you know what this could possibly be? I'm panicking and I already went two doctors, twice my family doctor who I was skeptical about because he gave me two different diagnoses each time I went about the same problem and once an EMT who couldnt find my head lymph nodes and assumed that because he couldnt find them it shouldnt be a problem and didnt check my armpit lymph nodes bc he doesnt specialize that area. My parents do not want to take me to anymore doctors and get angry when I bring up this concern. Should I be worried? What can this possibly be? I'm 15 years old.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.