Found out 2 weeks ago i've got fibroids

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,need some advice,been unwell for 9 weeks now,had a transvaginal scan 3 weeks ago,found out a couple of weeks ago that I've got a small benign tumor,it's 1cm by 6mm,been referred to gynaecology,it's in the middle of my womb,even though it's small,it's causing me pain on and off,pelvic pain,leg pain,back pain,my stomach looks bloated,feels tender,feel nauseous,feel hot at times,will my tumor keep growing,I'm 35,got 2 kids,but don't want this to stop me being able to have more kids,I'm really scared,never had any problems like this before,was on depo for 2 years but came off it on the 14th March this year,thought the symptoms and pains was side effects to coming off depo,but it turned out to be fibroids,symptoms and pains started just before I came off the depo,hope someone can help me with advice

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unless you have omitted to state you have other fibroids, a small submucous fibroid sized 1cm x 6mm can contribute to heavy bleeding but all the other symptoms are surprising and would be more attributed to adenomyosis, larger subserous fibroids or intramural fibroids causing pressure symptoms than a small submucous fibroid or polyp in your uterine lining.  Once gynaecology has removed this fibroid or polyp via hysteroscopy and provided you with a pathology report, then you will know exactly what you are dealing with and if further symptoms remain present after the removal of the small tumour, then you will have to attribute the symptoms to a different diagnosis.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice,it's much appreciated,does seem odd why my fibroid is causing me the pain and the symptoms I've got,will my fibroid stay the size it is or will it continue to grow

• Posted

Hi jennyg1981,

The fibroids can continue to grow over time fed by your changing hormone levels, specifically being oestrogen dominate.  Since you only came of Depo in March, I can only imagine the hormonal fluctuations your body is currently experiencing. Remain smart and continue to monitor the fibroid, many other women appear to be surprised over years when their fibroids continues to grows to large size when a simple process of continued monitoring would tell her exactly what was happening in her body. Do not rely on your gynaecologist/ healthcare profession to monitor your uterus it is your own responsibility to make the necessary appointment and with that approach you will be fine. 

There are some natural herbal supplements that you can research that some women swear helps with balancing their hormonal levels and these include galvanized Maca root, DIM and Vitex, look up theses supplements and see if these are something that could help with your current symptoms.

• Posted

I had many fibroids, and never had them removed. I have three children. I went on birth control pill after my children were born and it shrunk the fibroids. Sounds like different approach from my doctor. I went off the birth control after I turned 51 or 52 and I had already gone through menopause.

I had a hystosonogram last February (due to other reasons) and there were no signs of fibroids. They shrunk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.