Found these in my poo

Posted , 5 users are following.

Slightly squeamish content, only serious replies please, I am quite concerned. Below is a photo of several long, stringy, worm like things that were scrunched up/partially sticking out of my poo. This has been going on for several months to a year, but I never thought to really look at it too much (obviously, not wanting to handle it), but only recently realised how long they were and exactly what they looked like, after having washed them.

Does anyone know what they are/how they came to be in my intestines/poo, if they are dangerous, or how to get rid of them?

Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you consulted any medical professional during all the years you had this problem?

• Posted

I had this happen to me on a few occasions and it really freaked me out. I discovered it was the stringy bit from certain vegetables and fruits, mainly green beans, nectarines, rhubarb and peaches. Look at the foods you eat first and see if any have a stringy consistency them.

• Posted

No file has been uploaded. However, you should do a food diary to see if it could be food particles. You should also consult your doctor since you have had this problem for a while.

• Posted

Hi sally8261

If you have worms you would have anal itching where the worms lay their eggs. Wear dark underwear at night to see if there are any eggs in your underwear next day. You can get help from the pharmacy explain what is going on and they can suggest an over the counter medication.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.