Found this in my throat. What could it be?

Posted , 2 users are following.

so i have recently (last 6 months) have had some minor issues with tonsil stones nothing major and not to many. i thought i might have had another one because i felt something in my throat looked back and found this. i am on a leave of absence from my work until december and wont have insurance until then. could this be something serious or does it look more like a cyst? thank you! image

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i would try get to see a doctor it looks quite swollen i wouldnt leave it until december

• Posted

is it my tonsil? it like is that larger mass attached to my tonsil by like a smaller cord mass if that makes sense. it also moves around very easily like i could pull on it if i wanted to to pull more of it out. thats why i was thinking a cyst but could it be a tumor? i have really deep tonsil cavities and its like coming out of the center of one of the cavities if that makes sense. i am kind of freaking out.

• Posted

i should add that i have no pain and my throat isnt sore or anything. just feels like something stuck back there.

• Posted

i dont think its a tumour u may be right with cyst if it is they can grow pretty large december would b a long time to leave that there

• Posted

thank you for your response! i am going to see what i can do to see a doctor. my tonsils have been causing me a lot of grief and even though its super painful i want them removed!

• Posted

theres a few things it could be u can get polyps there aswel i wouldnt worry about it it will be something along those lines i would certainly look into having the tonsils removed if u have been having problems such as throat infections swollen tonsils etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.