Four day anxiety attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an anxiety attack for days ago

Each day I still have the anxiety sad I'm not anxious about the cause anymore but for some reason my body is still have the anxiety attack such as the pounding heart and feeling sick to my stomach sad

Please help has anyone had an attack last longer then a day ? When can I expect this to go away

Last night I trained and went sauna and I felt great even woke up ok but it picks up as the day goes on sad

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I had a 12 hr panic attack last October worse day of my life I felt so bad that I end up admitting my self into hospital they end up giving me diazepam you need to go to your gp and have a long talk with them get them to refer you to the psychiatric asap if not already done so as they need to find the cause of what's causing you to have this

• Posted

It's horrible sad I used to be in meds and I've been through the whole recovery and I've had my bad days but I've learnt to cope with it but this is something else this is so bad I went to the dr today to see the psychologist tomorrow hoping the anxiety attacks is t there anymore sad

• Posted

Most likely you have panic disorder. It's post anxiety attack syndrome, where "when or where next panic attack will be" thought circulates in your head.

• Posted

It's ridiculous sad I feel like instead of being in my head it's in my body doing its own thing like I can't keep myself calm or put life into perspective because the chemicals were controlling my pounding heart and sik stomach sad I feel ok now but this is he cycle it's been in I wake up ok then the anxiety attack starts in the day then by night after gym it's like it never happened sad

• Posted

Can last this long and ourcanxiety won't stop bacause we don't know why it's happening for no apparent reason. We can feel fine in ourselves so worry and worry when it will go. Do sujest if this went on constantly see doc( they can help) but it may pass. Ive nearly gone mad in past with worry but then can have really good patch. Wish we understood how this can seem to flair up even if we're not worrying or feeling ok in geneeall( horrible illness) try deep brew thing, keep busy to take mind off. Talk on here anytime , I find it so reasuring??

• Posted

Thank you for that message smile it does help a lot hearing from people who understand smile I'm seeing a psychologist in the morning which my Dr sorted out as mater of urgency ! It's so tough how the mind can be so cruel

• Posted

Talk any time . Know this drives us mad. Good luck appointment in morning. Let me know how u get on. Glad your being pro active , helping yourself, speaking to fellow sufferers is great and docs❤️
    • Posted

I woke up n the anxiety is stil there sad ridiculous sad my im getting ready to make my way to my appointment hope she can help me
    • Posted

GOOd luck. 11pm in U.K. Please let me know how u get on. Tell them everything. Tell them this is serious and need help as well as trying to help yourself.
    • Posted

I feel like they've taken me down sad all I did was talk about me and she just explained what's happening like I already know this ! She diagnosed me with a panick disorder and now I have to wait it out omg sad see my latest post x

• Posted

The waiting makes us more anxious , they should know this , spirited they didn't sujest talking to doc about mild meds to help calm . I take very few only when really Panicy and heart racing. Meds aren't the answer and I always ask people to not get too many off doc as they could take too many, they just calm me a little so I can push forward. Keep talking , it helps, don't have to feel alone, ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.