Four days on Cymbalta, becoming depressed? CFS

Posted , 2 users are following.

I can't see my doctor for a few days.. She's away.

I've started Cymbalta 30mg and I'm starting to feel depressed over it, I've battled depression for years and finally I got off the medication, I fell ill and now I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So I've got Cymbalta to try and help that, but now I'm starting to feel depressed again and I don't want to go down that track.. I feel like I should stop it only 4 days in. 

Have you have any of these experiences?? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello Jake, i had sever depression and anxiety about one month ago, so started on duloxetine 60mg, and fast forward one month and i feel very well and normal again.  i did feel worse than normal when starting out, but this passed after a few weeks.

you are only 4 days in,  it might be a good idea to give it longer to work?  it does state in the leaflet it can take 2-4 weeks to get working properly.    also it may work better for you if you move up to the 60mg regular dose for adults (assuming you are an adult).  however i dont mean increase now, i mean increase after a week or two.

anyway obviously i am not a doctor so perhaps discuss this further with your doctor?  if you are commited to changing meds to something else, thats something you can chat to your doctor also.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.