Four years and counting

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have been incontinent now for wel over four years. I have accepted my inccontinence cannot be ured and adapted to a life of incontinence pads and inco pants  adult nappies and plastic pants during the day and adult nappies and plastic pants at night. Anyone else in the same boat and ha shad to learn to live with incontinence.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had incontinence for over ten years tried loads of things but nothing worked so I accepted a life of nappies and plastic pants. Not a problem I am used to it and getting on with life
    • Posted

Hi stevie, according to national institute of diabetes and digestive and kidney disease For the urinary system to do its job, muscles and nerves must work together to hold urine in the bladder and then release it at the right time. Nerves carry messages from the bladder to the brain to let it know when the bladder is full. They also carry messages from the brain to the bladder, telling muscles either to tighten or release. A nerve problem might affect your bladder control if the nerves that are supposed to carry messages between the brain and the bladder do not work properly.

Can I give you this few tips on stimulation of nerve that connects to your bladder and spine,  every part of the skin has a designated specific area where reflex arc is located, once the same is determined, proper stimulation of it will greatly enhance sphincter muscle control to your bladder. Can you try this few steps to stimulate the inner ankle going down the foot, do it efficiently for at least 30-mins to an hour 2-3 times a day  and try to feel the change in just a week or two.

• Posted

Hi  steve, according to national institute of diabetes and digestive and kidney disease For the urinary system to do its job, muscles and nerves must work together to hold urine in the bladder and then release it at the right time. Nerves carry messages from the bladder to the brain to let it know when the bladder is full. They also carry messages from the brain to the bladder, telling muscles either to tighten or release. A nerve problem might affect your bladder control if the nerves that are supposed to carry messages between the brain and the bladder do not work properly.

Can I give you this few tips on stimulation of nerve that connects to your bladder and spine,  every part of the skin has a designated specific area where reflex arc is located, once the same is determined, proper stimulation of it will greatly enhance sphincter muscle control to your bladder. Can you try this few steps to stimulate the inner ankle going down the foot, do it efficiently for at least 30-mins to an hour 2-3 times a day  and try to feel the change in just a week or two.

• Posted

Yes I have had to learn to deal with incontinence I use adult nappies 24/7 but I don't wear plastic pants even in bed it is now just part of my life to wear them all the time I would rather that than have wet patches or soaking my trousers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.