Four Years of The Sinclair Method

Posted , 10 users are following.

Today, October 12th, marks the 4th anniversary of my recovery using The Sinclair Method and I have written an article on how I feel about it all, now, and how things are for me 4 years on.

One of the biggest thing I have learned is that (for me) The Sinclair Method has been the catalyst to a more steady, reliable and overall well-rounded 'me' - but that also that the growth never stops.  All recovery takes patience, persistence and a willingness to change, no matter what recovery route that is.  But once the right recovery route is found for the individual, the change can be profound.  Success stacks success, so if you are not yet on the right route for you, please don't stop looking until you DO find the right one for you. 

I cannot post the link to the article here due to forum rules, but if you are interested you can either PM me and I will reply with the link to the article, or alternatively google 'C3 Foundation Europe From The Trustees' and the write up is listed under the Joanna's TSM Journey section.

There are so many recovery treatments out there and it is a case of finding the right one for the individual.  There are no one-size fits all approaches, but there most certainly are many options available for discussion.  This one was right for me.

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

A wonderful day for you. You are SO AMAZING and supportive with your replies and advice. Many thanks. Robin
  • Posted

Hi joanna

What a well written and interesting insight into TSM.

?What an achievement! Well done. Love the bit about “getting rid of the monkey on my back”   a very apt discription of how alcohol can get you.

Whilst I have no experience of TSM, it obviously helps so many people. As you know, campral was my life saver. I think the fact that you accept that TSM is not the only available option for AUD, makes your article far more plausible. What I’m trying to say is you’re not saying TSM is the be all ..............

Thank you for sharing your personal journey, not an easy thing to do. It will certainly help many people.

• Posted

"One of the biggest thing I have learned is that (for me) The Sinclair Method has been the catalyst to a more steady, reliable and overall well-rounded 'me' - but that also that the growth never stops."

Well said! I've found certainly found this to be true too. Just being released from the constant anxiety and depression that drinking brings is a huge win and the improvements don't stop there!

• Posted

Wov! A totally outstanding reply! You must be proud of yourself. Amazing
    • Posted

Spot on there ADEfree!! Whilst I still suffer with anxiety and depression sometimes, it’s nothing like it was when I was drinking heavily. No more guilt trips and worry about hidden empty bottles, or worrying about what I did the night before. I could not go back to those constant feelings.
    • Posted

Relieved, Robin. I'm mainly relieved. And so thrilled to let others know that there's another way out of the nightmare that I can hardly tell you. 

• Posted

Hi Ade'relieved ' is totally how I feel having been on the Sinclair method for several months now.I also think 'released ' is another description of how we feel . So grateful to have a choice in how much I drink now .Thank you for your advice in my early days 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.