Fourth of July Fear

Posted , 5 users are following.

. I made a drunken mistake. I had a one night stand with a stranger. I kind of Iremember us using a condom but def. remeber him saying we couldn't continue because he We used the whole box condoms ( I only say kind of because I didn't see it myself I was drunk but I do remember him saying that). Exactly two weeks later I got strep throat and a bump on my vagina This freaked me all the way out! I have been worried and have convinced myself I have HIV! I'm feeling some tingling and I have a sore back. I'm so scared! I'm waiting until October to get tested but I'm just so scared! P.s I called the guy after the sore throat and told him my fears and he ensured me that we used a condom and it didn't break I'm just scared! The incident occurred in Atlanta the city with an high hiv population.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Demi.

You should get tested! Whether you see your own doctor or a different one, you need to be tested.

Symptoms usually show within a few days, but can take weeks, or may not show at all.

Can you explain the "bump" a little better, eg shape, colour, location, painful?

For your own peace of mind, go see a doctor.

x

• Posted

Sorry for calling you Demi!!, unsure why i did.

It sounds a bit like nymph node. They don't usually hurt or itch until touched, and then are only usually a little tender.

As i said before, as we have all, go and get tested.

x

• Posted

Nucleic acid based tests (like RT-PCR) can accurately detect HIV virus after 14 days since the exposition. I'm sure there must be a clinic in your town that performs this test, so you don't have to wait until October.

• Posted

The only reason I haven't tested is because I know it won't do anything for my anxiety if I test before 3 months. I won't believe the validity

• Posted

Hello anxious

Talk to your GP asap, or a sexual health clinic to put your mind at rest.

I am in the UK and I do not know what your Health Service has regarding this problem

BOB

• Posted

A bump on ur vagina and strep throat is not an indication of contracting HIV. But I get how ur thinking I may hav caught an STD and therefore what else might he have.

It's funny how when ur thinking the worst, other factors seem to reinforce it, eg, Atlanta having a high rate of HIV.

Don't put any significance on this fact.

And obviously you said your gonna be tested.

• Posted

Everything came out negative . Thanks for the input all.. Darlo!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.