Fourth week after prolapse repair

Posted , 2 users are following.

This may be a rather odd question but here goes. My surgery was 12/5 front and back repair. Slight discomfort but otherwise well. 7 days after surgery i thought i had a Uti because urine was cloudy and had bubbles in it. Culture was negative thankfully and the bubbles stopped. Starting week 4, feeling well, bored......but my urine has bubbles in it again. Urine is clear. Is it possible that because my bladder is fixed my urine stream is a bit more forceful. No burning, no frequent urination....just some bubbles. anyone experience that after bladder sling surgery. Does your bladder do strange things until you heal and everything levels off? Trying not to over think it......but i cant help myself

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What colour is your urine? It should be as pale as possible. Do you need to drink more?

• Posted

My urine is clear. I fill a large cup with water and drink about 4 of them a day. Just odd. Never had it before my surgery. IM not sure if it will just....even out...as i continue to heal . I dont see the doctor post op for another 3 weeks. I was supposed to see him 4 weeks post op but the secretary said he had no openings and it was ok to go out to 6 weeks. Im feeling well and moving around and walking more and more each day. Just kinda freaked out about the urine thing. I had my GP order a urine culture just to make sure that I dont have a uti. Will get the results in a few days. When i walk around too much i feel it. By late afternoon i also get heaviness so I rest. Want to start walking around my neighborhood a bit more but not sure how much I should. My post op paperwork said only restriction was lifting more than 10 pounds. Walking and stairs no restriction. I see so many different post op instructions for the same surgery i had.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.