Fractionated Coconut Oil

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have found coconut oil invaluable for this condition especially when it was so hot during the summer months but I've used it that much that the smell really puts me off now to the point where I gag when I smell anything like it.  I posted something on a facebook page that I joined ans someone replied that I should try fractionated coconut oil instead as it does not have a smell.  I had never heard of it but lo and behold yes it exists and is an even more refined product so far less smell etc so I have ordered some.  Thought I would post as there may be others who do not know about this too.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so desperate to find a lasting comfort with this terrible condition/s but anything to do with coconut oil I can't use. Am allergic to it and it swells up my head and makes me feel my head is bursting.  

I use estriol cream and at long last it is helping it has taken a while though I have bladder problems with the condition too 

what are your symptoms 

• Posted

Olive8,

Consult with your doc, but try using a pea sized amount of the estroil on your vulva and around the urethra nightly. That made a huge difference for me!  

• Posted

Coconut oil has been a real life saver for me. The smell doesn’t bother me . I was using vagisl prohydrate. Alternating between the two but use mostly the coconut oil now. I don’t think anything will bring things back to what I was before menopause except estrogen cream. But I have fibroadenomas in my breasts and take bp meds. My primary does not want me using it. However my breast surgeon and gyn don’t think it would hurt me. I’m afraid to take the chance but i’m so tired of this. Things seem to shrink and narrow and it’s just sad. Like I said at least the coconut oil keeps things more comfortable.
    • Posted

Hi Pixiepjp!

I also suffer fibroids, I actually had 2 in my uterus, one was as big as a softball and was actually part of my uterus, therefore couldn't be removed by itself, so I had a hysto in 2001, but kept my ovaries. I also have a few in my breasts, and a history of breast cancer. I also have a heart condition and high blood pressure and on meds for both. I was diagnosed with AV last year. I use Estrace Cream, and so far I've had no issues. It's minimally absorbed. I just had a mammogram 3 weeks ago and it hasn't changed since my last one. Since starting the vaginal estrogen, the burning, itching, heavy feeling, and most of all my bladder issues have subsided so much that I almost feel normal. Everything plumped back up like it's supposed to be! If it wasn't for the crappy menopause symptoms I'd be great! lol. My primary, heart doc, oncologist and gyn have all told me I can keep using it as long as I want to. My initial dosage was 1 gram every night for 2 weeks, then 1 gram twice a week. I've also went to pelvic floor physical therapy and learned some really good exercises that help strengthen the pelvic floor which in turn makes my bladder very happy. I'm now down to using a half gram twice a week and don't have to use coconut oil or any other moisturizing stuff. Occasionally I'll need a boost and have to use it in between, but I find if I use a pea size amount on the vulva and around the urethra every night then I don't need the boost.  

I was scared too, and who knows, down the line I may regret it, but I've yet to find anything in my research that's been negative, unless progesterone is also used, but I had to do something I was so miserable. 

Good Luck! I hope you find something to give you some relief!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.