Fracture in base of 5th metatarsal

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am wondering if my fracture would be healed enough after 3 weeks to try the stationary bike. I was put in a walking boot, no surgery. Anyone experience this?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

After surgery I was NWB for 4 weeks then put in hard shoe. Was allowed the elliptical and stationary bike with boot.
    • Posted

Thanks. I didn't need surgery luckily just got a walking boot. I get follow up xray in another week. I have not done much since the injury. Just was wondering if I was making things worse with the little that I have done. Sometimes even with the boot I have felt a painful pulling pain with certain steps I take. I am anxious about getting back to the gym now.

• Posted

let us know. I did not "have" to have surgery either and waited 4 weeks just to see how healing was going. Was not fast enough for me so opted to pop a screw in then healing much faster. I would not weight bear on a 5th fracture for at least 4-8 weeks but, that is just me from my research and personal experience as well as those on site. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.