Fractured ankle

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello im 12 weeks nwb and time is going slow i know people say a year to fully heal but really 12 weeks not really moving.. walking seems like a lifetime away.. im tempted to put my foot on the floor but im too scared have the hospital in 1 week and even scared of that what if its not healed im going crazy here

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria

Broken bones heal slow so give it a time.

I broke my left ankle last November it's been nearly 5 months since then. I had my cast until end of February. For almost 2 weeks after the cast was removed my leg was simply not moving, only the toes and the muscle was extremely weak.

One month after the cast was removed and I put full weight. So don't worry, make sure you don't pressure yourself and take good rest.

Ankles are prone to develop arthritis after even a simple injury of the healing is not done properly. If you don't feel like putting a full weight then don't but try to do it slowly and gradually. Get walking devices and with time you will get confident.

All the best in your recovery

Julia

• Posted

Thank you for your reply oh im soo scared n now very impatient..(and upset too) i wish i could just blink n be at 12 months post op.... im also scared that its not healed n im just a mess really...have kids and feel like 1 mistake has let everthing and body down...IM really not much of a moaner but i think im desperate to be at a different stage....thanks for posting
    • Posted

Don't worry things will get better.

I am a mother of 3 kids, the youngest one was only 3 months when I fractured my ankle.

But my bad luck doesn't end here.

Just 5 days before new year when I was no weight bearing on the broken ankle I fractured my right femoral bone. I had surgery and ended up with 2 broken legs completely bed ridden for two months.

I fractured my ankle on a parking lot ...I simply slipped and my femur from getting off the sofa. Things just couldn't have been more bizarre but this is life. Time will pass you won't remember any of this.

I somehow recovered from the broken ankle but still long way to go until I recover from the broken femur.

Take care

• Posted

Oh julia that does sound bad...i do try to remember i have come along way in 12 weeks i remember my 1st time on crutches that was a joke and now im ok with them....and i was 1st fitted with an external fixator for 6 weeks and thats long gone now!!!! Thank you so much for your time you have made my day brighter thank you love and all the best to you xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.