Fractured heal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I fractured my heal 5 weeks ago in 9 places still no weight bearing no operation as of yet I am 28 yrs old and it's getting me down I was just wondering if anyone had the same injury thanks

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

So sorry! I didn't have the same injury, I broke my ankle in 8 places and dislocates it. I do know the feeling of it getting you down. Being NWB really messes with you, depression plays a big part of it. Just know that better days are coming.
    • Posted

Yeah it defo does and its only been 5 weeks i dnt know how i will manage of hospital doesnt go to pal next week
  • Posted

Hi Donna, I broke my ankle over 13 weeks ago and was nwb for 9 weeks. It is a long process but be positive and keep your mind busy with things you like. Rest a lot. Hope you recover soon.
    • Posted

Thanks soo much yeah thats what been trying to do doesnt help i have a 9yr old daighter who is constant n doesnt understand y we had to cancel our holiday
    • Posted

Our 13 year old found it hard with my broken fibula and 3 weeks later my husbands broken scaphoid. No Spring, Summer or Autumn. Now were into winter and 7 - & 8 months later, still healing from complications, we rely on other people for adventures and entertainment. She'll get over it. So will ours.

@(*+*)@

• Posted

No operation? Are you in a cast or boot?

Have you discussed your break with a Doctor within the last 5 weeks?

• Posted

Hi i am in a boot had hospital 3 weeks ago usless felt my toes and gave me the boot
    • Posted

Knee scooter? If you've got one they're great. Your daughter will love it too.

After trauma and damage the brain seems sw.itch off. Its like the connections are interrupted.

Has taken a lot of concentration to tell my broken plated leg its alright to move.

When I started weight baring, and exercise, I felt nauseous. Lymph system kicking in

After 6 or so weeks for nausea to abate. Patience....grasshopper I keep telling myself!

©{°×°}®

• Posted

I didn't have the same injury BUT I did go through an ankle break (44 yrs old) and surgery 9 day's later, with barely any help at all and it was almost as devastating as the injury itself!! I was VERY DEPRESSED!!! It really helps if you have friends and family around! I had to send my dog away to my parent's an hour away for the time I couldn't get around well (9 weeks) and that was emotional for me too...

Really make everything comfortable for you around a couch area (or something similar) "ground zero" : books, computer, tv... Whatever you need to keep you busy. I stayed still and foot elevated as much as possible and my recovery has been fast!!

Went to Physio yesterday for the first time after walking for 5 weeks and he was very surprised and happy with my progress and range of motion!

Reading this discussion helped me know that everyone went through it too!! And I read (Google) ankle breaks and the like are very emotional/depressing injuries-YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

Read and research... Ask your doctor if you think you are not progressing....

• Posted

What a wonderful reply. So glad you are on the other side. Great news.

Thank you for the encouragement.

I am now planning my great escape for when I can walk & drive.

• Posted

No problem this is a learning curve for all of us!!!

Oh and the knee scooter was a life saver!!!!! 🙏

• Posted

Hi pix, I also broke my ankle and had surgery more than two weeks later. Was nwb for 9 weeks. The emotional part was the worst in the fit few weeks. I am also walking now, some days easier than others, but I am getting there. I also believe that a lot of rest is important, as your body does most of it's healing when you rest, also keep my foot elevated most of the time and at night when I sleep. I have been for physio twice and do the exercises they gave me to do at home. I am 59 yes old but have always been very active and I am sure that helps. The physiotherapists say I am quite fit. I did not think so after doing nothing for 9 weeks . Happy to hear your recovery is also going well God bless.
    • Posted

Thanks for replaying it does help knowin others are going throw the same thing as its just so isolating everyone else is at work durin the day And am home along the full time not many ppl to help as they all at work so getting replays and messges of ppl going throw the same thing means a lot
  • Posted

Go back to Hospital ASAP and demand a re evaluation. Sounds ridiculous that you are left inthos predicament. I have a snapped fibula that got misdiagnosed and had surgery 4 months after I broke it because it didn't heal.

Please seek help . let us all know.

Good luck.

@(*+*)@

• Posted

I have hospital again next week i am going to make sure i ask questions this time felt my toes n gave me a boot last time thanks for replaying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.