Freaking out.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had blood in my stool off and on for almost 2 years now.  It’s enough to turn toilet water red. The last 2 months I’ve felt constipated and have struggled with diarrhea after I eat. Also two weeks ago I had bleeding but this time I noticed a couple of clots in the blood. That went away for a week or so and now yesterday I bled 4 times. This morning I went to the bathroom and I noticed that my stool was dark with mucus. I’m freaking out! I had a colonoscopy and ct done 2 years ago when the bleeding began and nothing was found. I also had a upperscope and CT with contrast 8 months ago to check things as I am still bleeding off and on. The normal pattern is I would bleed for a few days and then have nothing for a couple of months. What could this be? I’m terrified I have cancer and suffer from extreme anxiety.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You really need to see your GP to get a proper diagnosis.  To put your mind at rest, though, I would be very surprised if you had bowel cancer.  The colonoscopy and CT tests would have shown this up, particularly the CT scan with contrast 8 months ago.  A possible reason for your symptoms is that you have haemorrhoids, but, as I said, you really do need to see your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.