Freaking out.....

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on 20mg Prozac for about 15 weeks...and I can't remember if I took it this morning...I have an alarm set to remind me to take it at 9am...I turned the alarm off, but don't remember if I took it... 😦 is this going to take me off track?

Thanks~

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

it shouldnt get you off track . you have been taking it for almost 4 months. so its in you system good. AND prozac has a real long half life.

which means it stays in your system for many many days after a person stops taking it. i dont know the exact number on half life days but you can find that info easily.

if you are concerned then call dr and run it by him/her.

• Posted

I agree Kimberly. One missed dose won't throw anything off. Just start taking it again tomorrow at your normal time.

• Posted

Thank you so much, I was so worried. I tend to get sidetracked ever so often. I feel much better after all the supportive replies. 😃

• Posted

Hi Kimberly

Missing one day will not cause any problems. I have the same problem, sometimes due to as hectic life I cant remember if I have had my tablets or not. I decided to leave my tablets in a tea caddy next to the kettle as the first thing I do in the morning is put the kettle on so this jogs my memory each day. I did set an alarm at first but find this works better.

• Posted

I have a few questions. I started taking antidepressants 14 years ago. When i first started I was 140 pounds. I currently take prozac and abilify. I now weigh 230 pounds over the years of taking these drugs. I do realize these drugs are very helpful to me and probably saved my life but im feeling sluggish, tired and unmotivated. Over a period of time my Psychiatrist has changed medications and also different combinations but nothing seems to stop the weight gain. What do i do? I have tried dieting also but it just doesnt work.

• Posted

Hello Albert. I haven't ran into a weight issue yet. I did get a fitbit the same time I started prozac and I am mindful of my steps daily and to get moving, maybe it has helped in a way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.