FREAKING OUT

Posted , 7 users are following.

It started out when I got on a voice call on Skype, with my boyfriend. My chest got a fluttery feeling, then 10 minute's or so later, my thumb went numb, and all of my fingers felt tingly, except the pinky. My left arm also, went weak. The back of my head feels like there's pressure, too. My chest has even been hurting, and I have trouble speaking. I feel like I'm going to have a stroke. sad

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had your symptoms with anxiety not lately but in the past and it's very scary makes u think stroke mines changed a bit its my face that does that and seems to take forever for it to go away
    • Posted

I had it happen, about a week ago, but it was only my thumb that went numb & tingly.
  • Posted

Panic attacks can get brutally uncomfortable.
    • Posted

I know if i do mot get enough sleep it tends to trigger faster and easier. It sadly just happens sometimes. 
    • Posted

I noticed that when I got on an earlier sleeping schedule, I started getting anxiety attacks 1-3 times/day.
  • Posted

Thats not how you feel before a ministroke. Thats a panic attack. With a mini stroke your brain tells your body to do one thing and your body just does another. You can generally feel which half of the body isnt coopeeating.
    • Posted

I don't know why I'm so anxious lately. I thought I was getting better.
  • Posted

Hi Kayla

I'm sorry you have been dealing with this

I have had anxiety for 16yrs

I use to take meds but stopped as per it made me feel a lil worst. I hated em

I'm not a medical profession but some things that helped me overcome anxiety are

1. Go for walk

2. Do breathing exercise

3. Write your thoughts (bad or good)

4. Read a book or magazine

5. Listen to soothing music (I have spa, easy listening or jazz)

6. Try to block your in your mind that's making you feel anxious ( then I usually say to myself "there's nothing wrong with me, nothing's bad is gonna happen, I'm gonna get the right oxygen my body needs)

7. When I do something good or I feel great, I give myself compliments

This helped me a lot and I almost don't have that feeling of anxiousness smile

All the best to you smile CB

• Posted

I'm actually pretty anxious right now... My boyfriend is mad and says he wants me to leave him alone. Things were getting better between him and I, and now I'm being shut out again. I was already having anxiety, but that made it worse..
    • Posted

Hi Kayla

I started having anxiety when my bf (now ex) and I broke up long time ago. We were together for 10yrs. I personally don't know u and him (so no judgement here)

What helped me overcome the issue:

1. Write down bad and good thoughts you had with him (if you have more bad that good, then you be the judge)

2. Try not to talk to people that triggers your anxiety ( this is really hard and it will take some time l)

3. Change your appearance (I would dress up and make myself pretty and go somewhere ~ this will boost up self esteem and you u feel good about yourself without anyone else, he will also notice this change but try not to acknowledge him)

4. I tell myself that "I know I am better than this, I'm stronger and wiser"

5. Remember if people can't handle you in your worst, they can't handle you in your best

If you needed to talk to, you can email me at cb_279@h o t m a i l . c o m

smile

• Posted

Thank you

I've has anxiety for long and will do what it takes to help someone smile

• Posted

are you doing better now?
    • Posted

Right now, I'm not doing so good, to be honest... I stayed up until 6:00am, and woke up around 2:30pm. It all started with my aunt banging her fist on my door, because she has clean clothes to give me and then, told me I had to get up. I got pretty angry, and slammed the door, after taking the clothes. I'm feeling anxious, and like I'm in a dream, which by now, I'm assuming is derealization. I also, have a headache, for some reason. I was getting migraines everyday, and I think they're coming back again. sad I'm just really scared... I wasn't able to make an appointment to see a therapist today, because their office is closed, so I'll have to make an appointment tomorrow. 
    • Posted

how long will it take to get an appointment?
    • Posted

until then, have you considered online therapy?
    • Posted

do you have anyone to talk to in the meantime, before your appointment?

even maybe considering calling a helpline?

• Posted

I'm on a therapy chat right now. My friend, who has the same problems I do, isn't available right now, because he didn't have any internet this weekend.
    • Posted

A little. This site has helped me more, thoughh.
    • Posted

Fair enough.

Well, if you ever need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

All the best and good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.