FREAKING OUT BADLY!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Jeeeezzz I am so freaked out right now..........I have my colonoscopy on Friday afternoon at 2.30pm and seriously freaking out.....

I am seriously convinced I have colon cancer, weight loss, on off loose stools but been taking anti-diarrhea med (1 day) plus colofac, so since yesterday I cannot go but did this morning and noticed clear jelly like substance in the toilet bowl (sorry to be so descriptive) & the stool was narrow and small, I am SERIOUSLY loosing the plot here, please help me, ANYONE!

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know it's scary but try and relax. Worrying will not help. 

Do you have any bleeding? It's unlikely you have cancer. But they are doing the colonoscopy to rule it out and to rule out inflammatory bowel disease

The jelly is mucous - it's common if you have IBD or even with IBS. Most bowel movements have it but it's visible mainly when your bowels are irritated. It doesn't mean you have cancer. 

• Posted

Thanks for replying.

Go did a stool sample for infection and was normal, does this look for blood?? I am on warfain so im a bleeder.

• Posted

hello kay sorry to hear about your symptoms,

ist of all let me tell you some thing don,t search on google because dr google will poop out cancer every time-----few weeks back i am in the same boat in which you are now so please stop searching on dr google..

one year back i pass green stool and there is complete white water on that which make me afraid i go to docs they give me antibiotic i use it for few days it become normal but some time i pass stool like jelly then i go to gastro doc he give me colofac after using colofac my stool is not like a jelly but some time its pencil thin some time soft some time normal some time un digested vegetable in my stool----i have done endoscopy like 2 months ago which was clear but dr google poop out cancer and i am convinced that i may have a cancer even i spend more then a year with that kind of thinking may b i have colon cancer may be i have stomach cancer may be i have esophagus cancer every time i search cancer symptoms on google------my life was a hell 2 weeks ago finally i do colonscopy which has been completely normal so so worry is finished i don,t care now if there is un digested food some time in stool or its pencil thin i don,t even now see my poop what colour poop i am passing believe me there are million of people who pass that kind of things in stool but they don,t mind that but some people are very sensitive like me and you who think alot--------as you say that u didnot eat to much and stress will cause also weight loss don,t think to much----you are completely normal if you really wanna do some thing i suggest to take colofac tablet for 6 months------you are nomral so don,t search symptom on google u will b fine soon and if u think alot and can,t stop thinking go for colonscopy and there will b a good news that your colonscopy is normal

• Posted

I feel lucky.  Other than a traumatic brain injury which has caused my problems with memory loss, my health is great.

I remember a time almost forty years ago when I camped out for over six months while on a very long bicycle trip in the US, Canada and Mexico.  I bicycled in many places with a high population of bears.

And I distinctly one night setting up camp within half an hour after seeing a bear.  I didn't sleep much that night, concerned that the bear I saw would smell my foo (that was hoisted high up a tree), and tear my tent apart with me in it.   I realized the next day that all my worries would not prevent any bear from doing what bears do.  And I also realized how tired I was from all that worrying and not sleeping.  Now, whenever I think of the word "worry," I am reminded of that bear, and the fact that worrying would not help  whatsoever, and in fact, worry would only make it more difficult to do the things I can do within my control.  Bears are not within my area of control, but sleeping is more within my sense of control.

Hope all goes well.  And breath slowly and deeply, as that is within your control.

• Posted

Hope you are doing ok and hope when you actually get to hospital the calmness of the nurses will make you feel better,  you'll be pleased you had it done it's a horrid thing to have to go through.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.