Freaking out, possible two groin boils before traveling

Posted , 5 users are following.

Past September I got an abscess on my left groin area, inner thigh.. the "connecting area" went on ABs it busted open, and has been flat since... until yesterday I noticed on my right side a little lump under my skin... I was hoping it's just an ingrown hair but... it's under the skin. ugh. so back to my left side, seems like it's coming back again! and I don't know what to do, I'm freaking out! I'm suppose to be going to NY in two days, I've already paid and everything! I'm stressing about this.. which I know doesn't help. I'm Hoping since they're both so small right now they will disappear. I have been taking warm baths yesterday and today... is that good? I don't necessarily want it to come to head... like IM GOING TO NYC IN TWO DAYS. are the baths helping or promoting something else? please give me advice...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel like baths are making it worse
  • Posted

Hi there - I do not think the baths will have an effect either way unless the water is very hot ,which I would not recommend. Getting this stressed out will not help you though . I would say that they may get bigger or they may not. As a short term help a course of antibiotics may help and have helped me . They will supress the boils but obviously have their own side effects. good luck
  • Posted

When mine come back and they are small I cushion them with a non stick triple layer gauze pad with Neosporin. It almost always stunts its growth and sometimes just dries up.  It's a quick fix for me but it will come back  later.  Good luck!
    • Posted

thank you very much! just made an urgent care app with my doctor... so maybe she will prescribe antibiotics.. although I don't necessarily want them because I'd like to drink and have fun on my trip! sad if she doesn't I will be buying some neosporin and gauze from the doctors and just wrap it up until Thursday... ugh!! I'm so upset about this
  • Posted

What a nightmare!! I know how you feel as have been in the same situation. The only thing I would suggest, going from my own experience, is wear loose or baggy clothes without underwear so as not to cause any friction in the area for the next couple of days or at least when you're indoors. If it does come up the only thing you can do really is maybe wear cotton/natural trousers (loose ones of course) while you're travelling without anything underneath as panties always seem to make them worse in my opinion especially around the knicker-line. Another good friend of mine is Mepore Dressings (I use them with antiseptic cream that contains a numbing agent but only when the skin is not broken yet) but then I can only say what works for me. Problem with this disease is it's trial and error and finding out what works best for you. I've suffered with this horrible disease for about 40 years now but it has calmed down somewhat in my later years. I sincerely hope you find some relief and can keep them at bay and that this doesn't spoil your holiday. Good luck!!! Kind regards.
  • Posted

Ask the doctor for some lidocaine cream. It helps with the pain. I used it when I got cysts and it numbs it for a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.