Freaky body dandruff and travelling PR!?!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Is anyone else getting freaky dead skin showers, which resemble some kind of body dandruff? It's all over the insides of my clothes when I take them off and today I was sat behind a desk at work most of the day, when I looked down just now there was a ring of dandruffy stuff all over my waistband!!

The PR rash seems to be going/gone from my trunk and back, but is still on my inner arms (though some of that looks almost as 'gone' as the stuff on my trunk, I do have some itchy pink patches still there). I am hoping that this means it is b*ggering off out of my body, but am worried it's still on my arms/legs - almost like it's travelling to the edges of my body before it finally goes - has anyone esle experienced this? I'm hoping it means it really is going! *fingers x'd*

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am at this stage too. I am flaky all over, but I am still getting new small spots on my extremities and raised patches on my chin and cheeks. I do think that the PR is in it's final stages. I have been sunning at a sun bed and I really feel that it has helped speed things up (bonus, I look better with a slight tan - I have been 4 times at 8 minutes per visit)

As an aside, I have had red eyes, a sore neck and headaches from the beginning which are starting to abate a little.)

PR sucks!!!

• Posted

mine are drying out now, ive had no effects from mine and they aint been that itch as yet- The only thing i can say is that ive felt a bit restless.

Good Luck tho ladies i hope it clears asap for you as ur right PR sucks!!

• Posted

i know what u mean i have dandruff all over the insides of my clothes. they say it is a sign it is finally leaving yes i am so happy. i have had it for 3 weeks been misdiagnosed 3 time first it was scabies then it was the chicken pox then i had fungal infection. doctors really need to get more experienced with pityriasis rosea.
  • Posted

Yes, Drs. do[quote:97181a15a1=\"Esmie\"]i know what u mean i have dandruff all over the insides of my clothes. they say it is a sign it is finally leaving yes i am so happy. i have had it for 3 weeks been misdiagnosed 3 time first it was scabies then it was the chicken pox then i had fungal infection. doctors really need to get more experienced with pityriasis rosea.[/quote:97181a15a1] :oops:

Yes, docs. do need to familiarise themselves with this. last time i had a bout, the doc stood with a book in his hand looking at all the pictures!

I had to suggest to him what it was!!!!!He had never seen a case, and curiousity had him examine every rash!

• Posted

Hi there - yup I can empathise with you there, my patches are getting really dry and flaky - it feels horrible, I feel like a snake shedding it's skin, it's rancid. :oops: :cry: But if that does mean it's coming to the end then woohoo :D , it's been here since the middle of November...

Been using mouisturiser every day but at the moment it doesn't seem to be helping - skin is just really dry. Where I've got these patches they are dry & wrinkly - feel like a 90 yr old (i'm 27!)....

My doctor knew what it was straight away & was so excited that she got the junior doctor in to try and diagnose it - she got it wrong, maybe it comes with experience!

Hope for all of us this clears up soon!! x

• Posted

:cry: ys a body dandruff sufferer here too! Like you all, I'm hoping it means it's going.

The backs of my arms and my lower legs are just big hard scaly patches. It's been at it's itchiest recently too. As for doctors mine proclaimed it was scabies. he said it couldn't be pr because there was no herald patch.:roll:

• Posted

Hii...am suffering from this too...plz suggest what I have to do .....so this problem is over

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.