freaky chest pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

Tried looking this up, but kept getting mixed results that didn't feel like my issue. 

Been having issue sleeping, I lay down, grab on to the edge of the bed, wake up what feels like a few minutes later, my chest is pounding fast & hard to where it hurts, I feel like I can't move for a few moments, I pass back out (uncontrolled) and it repeats.

After the 5th time, I finally pulled myself up, felt like I was choking and was gonna vomit but nothing happened. I'm shaking the entire time and though my heart rate has noticeably slowed down, my chest still hurts.

for extra notes:

- I'm a smoker

- I'm in my 30's

- I have sleep apnea (not officially diagnosed)

- I have insomnia issues 

- I hold on to the edge of the bed to keep myself from feeling like I'm sinking (its an odd feeling just before I pass out, if I don't do this I'll uncontrollably frantically reach out to grab something in effort to pull myself out)

- I can't drink/consume dairy (gives me the runs, doesn't matter how little I drink)

- and I have GERD

So, should I be worried? Should I go to the doctor?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

First stop smoking. Second, Gerd causes many heart like cardiac symptoms symptoms by stimulating the vagus nerve. Third look to your diet for the triggers for Gerd. Yes, see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.