Freckle or melanoma

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone. ive had this thing in my chest that looks like a freckle for a very long time. i knkw that its at least been two years, maybe even longer. i never have really paid attention to it. i jkst wanted to make sure it was normal. incase the picture is hard to see, its very small.image

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi. Whilst i am no expert, your mole looks completely normal. It appears to have even borders, no irregularity in colour. When looking at moles always remember the ABCDE. A stands for asymmetry. B stands for border. C stands for colour. D stands for diameter. E stands for evolving. If it bothers you get it checked out by an expert who can give you a more definitive answer. But from what i can tell it looks fine. Good luck.

• Posted

thanks fot the reply. im not sure why i jjst started thinking about it more. its been there so long, hasnt caused problems, and has stayed the same. i looked up the ABCDE method, and i would have to agree with you. its been the same size, and never changed. i guess i only started thinkng about it because its a little bigger than some of my other frckles/moles.

• Posted

the abcde rule dosnt apply to some for example nodular melanoma is symetrical and also all one colour if in doubt see a doctor

• Posted

Hi there. Although i respect your comment, you are right about nodular melanoma,. But nodular melanoma is not as common as the more common melanomas. The ABCDE rule does apply to these. I should know i work in a skin cancer clinic.

• Posted

if u work in a skin cancer clinic why did u say to get checked out by an expert should u not already know with working in a skin cancer clinic that it was melanoma he had surly u should be an expert at these things

• Posted

You actually did say that the ABCDE rule doesnt apply. Please dont insult my intelligence when i told you i work in a skin cancer clinic. Cos i do. What i said was looking at it in a photo is not the same as having it looked at PROPERLY. His mole does not look like a melanoma but it needs looking at properly. Not just a photo. Whilst you were right about nodular melanona you are wrong about the other 3 more common melanomas that the ABCDE rule does apply to. Just because i may work in a skin cancer clinic does not mean i can give him a definitive answer without assessing it properly. Dont come on here to argue with people. People come on this site looking for advise. Not to pick fights with people. Have a good day/ night. Where ever you come from.

• Posted

but u state u are no expert im not arguin i said it dosnt apply to to some melanoma can u not read ??

• Posted

theres nothing in my replies that states that the abcde rule does not apply to all melanoma ? its states that it does not apply to some melanoma eg nodular please re read my comment and stop making out that i put something which i clearly did not !!

• Posted

theres what i said were does it say it dosnt apply to all melanoma ??

• Posted

You said that the ABCDE rule doesnt apply to all melanomas, namely nodular melanoma, which is the only one you are right about. I state to you that i do work in a skin cancer clinic but dont always like to advertise it. Simple as that. Oh, & i can read very well. What do you suggest i do, get the bloke to come through the phone so i can look at him! The ABCDE rule DOES apply to almost all melanomas . The only exception is nodular. ABCDE rule. Look it up. If the place i work for found out i was giving advice without a proper assessment could land me in hot water. THATS why i tell people to get it checked if not sure.

• Posted

you ate a lier because if u read my comment that is not wat i put and fr everyone else that can read properly it states for some melanomas eg nodular please re read the comment because u are clearly blind goodnight

• Posted

Dont be fooled cos the ABCDE rule doesnt apply to some forms of melanoma. Sound familiar. Go back & read your own comments. Whos the liar now!

• Posted

yes thats eat i put because it dosnt apply to some forms of melanoma because it dosnt apply to nodular melanoma i dont get what u are still carrying this rubbish on for grow the hell up

• Posted

i havnt lied it clearly states it does not apply to some forms of melanoma which it dosnt

• Posted

this is a forum for anyone to comment the reply was not even for u it was for the person who made the post as the abcde rule does not apply to some melanoma eg nodular

• Posted

not once did i put that the abcde rule does not apply to other melanoma because it does apply my reply was that it dosnt apply to all u seem to have some kind of an issue

• Posted

If i recall correctly i simply replied to your post in the beginning & YOU were the one who keeps replying. So you grow the f**k up! You wanna argue! That was not my intention to begin with. You state that i can't read, well if you can read properly i DID say that you were right about nodular melanoma just not the others. But i guess you seem to know it all einstein.

• Posted

Your post may have been for the other guy but others are allowed to reply to others posts as well. Get that!

• Posted

i never mentioned the abcde rule does not apply to the others in my comment just that the abcde rule dosnt apply to all melanoma because thats the truth admitted by urself it does apply to others iv not disputed that anywere on this post like you suggested i did when u replied to my first comment that wasnt even for you ,😂😂

• Posted

there is not just nodular melanoma that dosnt follow the abcde rule amelanotic melanoma dosnt either theres a few that dont including melanomas that arise from sores on the skin

• Posted

Yep. Have a nice day/night. Didn't you say goodnight earlier. Goodnight. 藍藍

• Posted

desmoplastic melanomas dont fit the abcde rule either being an expert i thought ud at least know this

• Posted

guys no need to argue. im fine, its a mole, that settles it. everyone get along please haha

• Posted

Couldn't agree more mikey. Apologies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.