Free Book(Glasgow, Scotland)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Folks,

I was given ' The Hemochromatosis Cookbook' by my dad for chrimbo and it's of no use to me. If anyone in the Glasgow area wants it I can drop it off/meet you somewhere. Otherwise it's just going to gather dust and I would rather somebody got use out of it. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You don't think all that information is of any use to you????  I am not interested in the recipes (although it is interesting that tea or coffee is used as a marinade at times).  I refer to it lots of times, when I want to check on heme or non heme levels of certain foods, and the explanations of how oxalates, calcium, polyphenols, etc. that exist in vegetables and fruit help prevent the uptake of too much iron into the body (the normal body or the haemochromatosis body, I sometimes question), and that high iron in spinach is a myth!!!

Snap it up, someone - it is highly recommended.

• Posted

Call me a cynic 'Sheryl' but would it be an entire coincidence that the book is written by a 'Cheryl'

• Posted

lol Yeah, totally a coincidence.  Cheryl is from the US and wrote her book under the auspices of The Iron Disorder Institute in the US, and I am from Australia and not connected to the Iron Disorder Institute in anyway, except that I referred to their website a lot in the past.  I have had serious HH symptoms since 1989 but not diagnosed till 1998 when my hips broke up and when Google came about.  I was always on the lookout for good information regarding HH and what to do about it, and that book answers a lot of questions.

You have a smart and thoughtful dad.

And my husband is from Glasgow too.  He also has HH.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.