Freezing Cold

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ladies , I am sitting here under covers with my heating pad freezing cold. The cold chills are in my arms, hands, legs and feet. What causes this or has anyone experience this? The covers and heating pad is not working.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Mary I get the same cold chills! And mine are getting worse and coming more frequently.. Whenever they want to come they happen, for example I got my faithful migraine a few nights ago I could feel it coming on, then new it was going to get worse so I put on my pjs hopped into bed tied a bandanna around my head tight (helps a lot) and prepared myself for the awful migraine, I forced myself to eat my dinner because if I don't then low blood sugar happens and I don't want that, then within I'd say a half hour migraine was so bad, then nausea set in, and the cold chills and I mean to the bone cold, its almost as if you have the flu and need to vomit, no it is like that, so I pulled my garbage can next to my bed and just froze and kind of just rocked myself back and forth freezing head pounding and feeling like I was going to toss my dinner at any moment, it lasted about an hour then eased up to where it was then tolerable the rest of the night! So I'm not sure what it is but all them symptoms all together sure do knock you off your butt... Maybe its opposite of hot flash.. Because when I feel it , it is my entire body but mostly across my back and up my arms face and top of my head! It s**is....

• Posted

Oh and forgot to say, this happens every single month on or within a day or two of the 11th 12th, like clockwork so just has to be hormones.. And the cold spells happen all through out the month..
    • Posted

Gypsy, this cold feeling usually happens to me also around a certain time of the month. Its usually during ovulating week. I had blood work done around the same time last month and my estrogen was really high, so could the awful feeling be due to high estrogen? My doctor insist yhat it is the estrogen dominance that's making me feel so awful. I am beyond worn out. I was seem to be getting better

better then everything reversed on me. I started taking anxiety meds again last week to only help me wind down and sleep, why did i do that? Now , it only triggered my anxiety back. I havent dealt with that on a while. I was doing really well with the anxiety. This has to be controlled or stop really soon because it is not good at all for the body or mind. The body is not designed to be under long term stress like this. I continue to pray for us for relief and total healing in our bodies and minds.

• Posted

Yeah I guess when you have your bloods drawn and it shows higher estrogen to progesterone that is when you can feel so bad, then a few days later when hormones fluctuate maybe the body releases a bit more progesterone and then you feel not quite as bad... Well with the anxiety if I were you I wouldn't touch them meds again if they have that effect, if you were doing ok without them that is.. I know meds for me can have a residual effect and make you feel worse or bring all symptoms right back, those few days of taking them made your body depend on them that much more.. Maybe try something different to relax you when really bad, a brisk walk even just around the house to try and burn off some of the high cortisol, breathing counting techniques, some yoga stretches, warm tea.. Hot shower, funny show on tv, all ideas until it settles for you, I know easier said than done with the rediculous anxiety, its the worst, I can't stand it, I feel you... Hugs to you Mary, feel better soon...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.