Freibergs Disease?? Anyone else been diagnosed with this?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Just looking for anyone else that suffers from freibergs disease? I've recently been diagnosed with it, in my right, 3rd metatarsal head. Awaiting surgery. Just wanted to know some more information on the subject, Google isn't being that much of a help! Many thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah just been looking it up as I had never actually come across it before.

This is obviously rare and it seems there are conflicting decisions on treatment, surgery or conservative, how long ago did you come down with symptoms and what have you been graded as because that can make a big difference to your options.

• Posted

Hiya! Erm, symptoms started around a year ago. The area of my foot is a little odd shape (it's a very odd shape lol) Was told by a Dr that is was "ligament damage" and to suck it up really. Wasn't until I went back to the Dr around 5 months ago that she sent me for xray. It was picked up immediately and I was referred to orthopaedics. Unfortunately, it's in the very last stage, and I'm awaiting surgery to have some bone removed from the matarsal head and the toes shortened if needs be. However waiting list for surgery is 6 months. I'm in a walking boot with crutches, but with 3 children you can imagine it's a bit of a pain. It is a very rare disease. First I had heard of it was when the Dr mentioned it to me. Not much information on it unfortunately, was hoping someone on here would have some information... X

• Posted

Hi again, when the mods hopefully pass my other thread that's a really in formative site, I hope it helps some, all you can do then is get it surgically treated by the sounds of it

• Posted

Have sent this link, its a very informative site

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.