Frequency of urination

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello All,

During a flare up, do you need to urinate more often? Iv had to urinate EXTREMELY often and am having a flare uprolleyes

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Frequent urination is a symptom of IBS.
    • Posted

No matter how much I come here I am learning all the time and I did not know that.  I just thought maybe it was something that happens as we get older as sometimes I can use the facilities before I go for a walk and an hour later I am having to quicken my face to get back in time to use the facilities again but when younger I could go 4 or 5 hours without even thinking about the loo,  Glad they made the Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was younger as 3 hours would not be possible now but really an hour. 
    • Posted

I think you would have keep imodium handy to take before The Lord of the Rings started so you could enjoy it.
    • Posted

Luckily I was not ill then so I enjoyed them with wanton abandon but these days I would rather wait for the DVD.
    • Posted

At least with the DVD or streaming you can hit pause if you need a loo break.
  • Posted

Yes - I've learned to recognise that much more frequent urination heralds the onset of a flare up. 

Jan

• Posted

Yes, I've noticed the frequent urination especially with the onset of constipation. At one point it felt like I had a bladder infection. My PCP tested and did not find any infection. 

• Posted

This may seem like a silly question, but what is imodium? I am learning so much from this forum, but all if this is so new to me. The last time I went to the doctor about all these symptoms and me frequency and my frequency of urination they placed me on antibiotics. I was just recently diagnosed, by a doctor other than my own, and haven't been to my follow up appointment yet.

• Posted

Imodium is a drug that stops diarrhoea that can be bought over the counter.  

When I first saw a doctor about my stomach pain, it was thought I had a urinary tract infection.  However, my test was clear and I was given antibiotics in case I had a UTI. After three days, I was convinced this was not my problem.  The medication made me feel unwell and my pain didn't clear up even after a week on the drugs.

My constipation told me it was bowel related and I was right.

• Posted

I know I do for sure and get bloated lower down in the pelvis area - plus I think anxiety makes you go more often too
    • Posted

Anxiety makes me get loose stools but actually causes me to lose the urge to urinate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.