Frequent chest pain in left area but, all tests are fine - still worried?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 17 years old and got diagnosed with anxiety / panic disorder 2 year ago when i had frequent panic attacks. In June this year i was experiencing the same symptoms but maybe abit more extreme and was diagnosed with SVT of a heart rate around 208bpm. Since this i have been extremely anxious about my heart, i have had about 5/6 ecgs since and was told it was perfectly fine sometimes abit fast around 110bpm but normal sinus rythym so probably anxious. I have been to a&e about 3 times since being diagnosed with SVT as i am still experiencing chronic chest pain that does cause me to feel dizzy short of breath and sweat, and alot of the time nauseous. I am undergoing tests to see a cardiosligst and recently had an echo a couple of week back but still had no result. Not going to see the cardiologist for a few months either. 

The last time i went to a&e the doctor suggested it could be acid reflux so now i am undergoing tests for that and to see if i have the helicocapter bacteria? this was a couple of days ago.

I am normally quite active and go to the gym doing avergage excercise but this is when i had my first svt attack so now scared to go to the gym until cardioligist says i can. blood tests are all fine also 

i am just extremley worried its still my heart even being told my heart is fine and probably anxiety. 

its ruining my quality of life and i just want tof eel normal i wont even leave my boyfriends side because im scared and hes the only one who understands 

i dont know what to do i am constantly weary about everything i do likewhat i eat/when i wat/excercise/walking etc 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

At your age rest assured it is 99.99% most likely to be anxiety.

Are you on any medications for it?

The tests have been good. Don't sit around worrying get out with your boy friend and prove it to your self with exercise

• Posted

Hi Derek! Thank you for your comment, I am on 1.25mg Bisoprolol for the SVT/Anxiety
    • Posted

Even that low dose of Bisoprolol gave me a lot of terrible side effects. 
    • Posted

What side effects did you experience? I've been on them since June now and I can't remember what it's like to not take them, I don't know if there making me feel worse. I hate medication and I was adment to come off them as soon as but still havent seen a cardiologist yet so I'm still on them. Now I'm scared of coming off them I case they make me worse/more I'll

• Posted

Sweating on exertion. light headed, dizziness to the point of feeling about to pass out. legs unsteady when standing, walkng. Worsening of numbness that I have in my left foot. The thing most people complain about is tiredness.

When I was in AF it was very or too effective in bringing my heart rate down. 2.5 mg in the morning and another at night and it came down from 134 to 36. After that I went back to 1.25mg.

• Posted

Quite similar to mine then! Are you off them now?
    • Posted

I stopped them in June of last year. Most of the side effects had gone in about three weeks. I was having a pacemaker fitted about a month later and a doctor said that if I still had to take them after that the side effects would be less. I'm not sure why that would be.

I have taken one a couple of times since then when my heart rate has suddenly shot up.

The good thing for you is that are in normal sinus rythym and that rules a lot of possible problems out.

Stay cool. 

• Posted

Hi Try to keep you stress levels down and relax more if you can

Contact the Cardiology  dept and ask if  your result has been

forwarded to your GP  yet this will give them a little push to remind them of you smile  Ask to get the email for the Cardiologist 's

secretary who can always forward any of your concerns to the your cardiolgist

who can put your mind at rest.I had Mitral Valve Prolapse and had some

incidence of SVC's  extra beats  and racing heart so i understand  racing heart try not to focus on your heart as this creates the cycle increasing anxiety which you don't need especialy

when you are so young .Limit or do not drink alcohol.

Don't smoke.

Avoid over-the-counter decongestants, herbal remedies, diet pills, and "pep" pills.The mind is a very powerful thing i have had panic attacks that come from no where, try and think positive and know it will pass, try to be happy too .

Well i hope you get your reslult soon and can start moving on having fun

with your boyfriend who sounds very supportive guy.Good Luck

and Good Health

• Posted

Thank you! I guess it's just hard when it's so scary and I'm convinced it's something life threatening like my heart! The Constant symptoms just lead to endless possibilities of what it could be now lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.