Frequent Diarrhoea

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have noticed over the past few weeks that in a morning I will tend to get an upset stomach. I doubt it is anxiety. I will need to go to the toilet and will spend at least a couple of minutes longer than normally.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lewis,

Frequent Diarrhoea does not necessarily mean you are suffering from constant Diarrhoea, you can be constipated and suffer from the same problem. Basically, you can be constipated and suffer diarrhea at the same, it is then classed as an 'over-flow'.

You may be constipated in the intestine, bowel or colon, not much, but enough to cause excessive diarrhea. You could take a laxative to see if that clears it, or an herbal remedy - if all that fails then consult your G.P or Doctor, he/she may refer you to have a Colonscopy to be done.

I have had this procedure done many times, and it doesn't mean you have the same issues as I have, because I am on a considerable amount of medications za day.

All the best,

Les.

• Posted

I will see about contacting my GP, I just hope I don't have to do the Colonscopy
  • Posted

Have you ever heard of Bentonite Clay tablets ?

Hello Lewis ! My question to you is this. Do you drink a lot of coffee? If so that can cause diahrea. It will act as a laxative. I still drink too much coffee and have started to take Bentonite Clay pills to make me solid again. They really work well if your diet isn't what it should be.

• Posted

Thanks, I have never drunk coffee and barely ever had caffeine
  • Posted

Hi Lewis41157

I you have Diarrhoea for more than 4 days you should contact your GP, if your are partly going through a course of antibiotics and are suffering form diarrhoea this is normal reaction for some people.

Regards

• Posted

It's not 4 days in a row, this last week I have only had it today. for some reason I only get it in a morning
  • Posted

I have had a cold and been quite cold when waking up when it happened

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.