Frequent headaches and getting sick mostly next day after exercise or exposure to cold

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the past three years my health has slowly decreased significantly. At first it started as weakness, light soreness of eyes, "fuzzy" head right after the gym (mostly powerlifting type training) but now it has gone to a point where If I even have a light training session at home or get exposed to cold for a little bit (a walk, car AC) I can get headaches for several days. I have gone from training 5 times a week and getting to and from work with a bike to being unable to train at all and sometimes getting sick after going out for a walk in colder weather. The problems usually starts the next day, during physical activity I feel good. More rare, without being exposed to the previously mentioned, I wake up with headaches and feeling a bit sick, but this type of pain usually ends within a couple of hours.

I have seen my doctor several times and been to several examinations, but so far nothing explaining my condition has been found.

Medical examinations and other things that I have done:

• Blood analysis. I had low vitamin D3 but since this has been prevented.
  • My heart has been checked several ways (MRI, ultrasonography). I have a reduced discharge from my left heart chamber. I have seen several cardiologists and although it does not make sense to none of them why someone who is physically active and relatively healthy would have this, it does not explain how I am feeling.
  • MRI of my head - nothing found.
  • Abdominal organs checked - nothing found.
  • X-ray of my spine and back - nothing found.
  • My doctor guessed that since there seems nothing to be physically wrong with me, that it could be do to nerves and stress. I have been drinking relaxing medication(BRINTELLIX), but with no improvements. Although I sometimes do worry and overthink I don't think my problems are caused by stress or nerves because nothing significant has changed in my life since this started and I am generally happy and am not that stressed daily.
  • After a year in with my problems I had an operation on my nose - the bone inside had to be straightened because of a trauma I had around 15 years ago - I was barely able to breathe through one of my nostrils. After it I think I started to get sick more often but am not 100% this correlates.

I am a 31 year old male. I eat and sleep well, don't smoke and almost don't drink.

I would appreciate any advice and/or recommendation for what could help find the cause of my situation.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.