Frequent muscle twitching

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do you get frequent muscle twitching with your CFS? I get 1 -3 twitches a minute (sometimes less) and it drives me crazy. No discomfort...more so  just because I know it’s there and it’s abnormal. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I get muscle twitching. Neurologist said I have Small Fibre Neuropathy after ruling out Large Fibre Neuropathy.

Quite common with CFS apparently.

I find it annoying when it's my face but like you say it's not uncomfortable.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I get muscle twitching. Neurologist said I have Small Fibre Neuropathy after ruling out Large Fibre Neuropathy.

Quite common with CFS apparently.

I find it annoying when it's my face but like you say it's not uncomfortable.

• Posted

That's very normal for us. We get so much weird stuff. Bizzare symptoms in all parts of our bodies. Everyday it's a new surprise!!

• Posted

Do you take magnesium? It really helps with my restless leg syndrome. 450mgs a day or when needed. It may help your twitching. And yes Lisa, so many unwanted surprises!! Maddening!! Like every other day I'm saying "really???". Ugh

• Posted

Thank you all for responding. Yes, Tracy. I take Magnesium 450mg at bedtime. 😊

• Posted

Yes, I do get twitching. It comes and goes frequently. My emg showed neuropathy, next one didn't. It comes and goes when it pleases with no rhyme or reason. No deficiency in vitamins or minerals. My worst symptoms is when I wake up with burning skin in the morning, like acid...ugh!!! I think our inflammatory cytokines love to play with us.

• Posted

That is just awful! My heart goes out to you and those that suffer from fibromyalgia. I dont do well with pain! I just have the achy flulike ME/CFS and Pots(which sometimes causes heart pain- a scary one!)But my dysautonomia plays tricks on me with certain pains at different times. I had burning pain many years ago and my Dr prescribed nortryptoline. It was a godsend. Went off of it soon as symptoms subsided.
    • Posted

CFS is fun isn't it? I always hear, "you look so good". I'm thinking..."try being me for a day" lol

• Posted

I know I get that all the time. I mean thanks for noticing but turn me inside out and then tell me what you think.
    • Posted

Turn me inside out.......oh that made me chuckle. 😁😁

• Posted

Yes....it's the invisible illness. I'm always like..."trust me, it's there"!!!...lol

• Posted

I totally get it. I feel like crud most days (flu like aching in my neck, head, shoulders, and upper back, muscle twitching, shakiness, low back aches) and still drudge on to do my activities of daily living (some days with make up and a sense of style, some days not so much- lol). I know people have got to think I’m makin’ this stuff up! 🤦🏼???

• Posted

Speaking of...anyone have sciatica type pain with this? My low back gets so achey sometimes and it will occasionally go down my rear and into my left hip,  but not usually down the leg. Started about three weeks ago and comes and goes (but mostly there). Ugh...

• Posted

My lower back and hips ache but of course....x-rays and MRI are normal
  • Posted

I get a light vibration that comes and goes down my leg. I also get restless leg where out if no where my leg will shoot out. It’s usually at night when I’m resting. It’s quite funny to watch 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.