Frequent PVCS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I used to have bad anxiety and panic attacks so my doctor put me on Xanax and that helped with my anxiety and panic attacks and when I went off Xanax I was fine no Anxiety or panic attacks but about a month ago for whatever reason I had a panic attack in the shower and that started my anxiety and attacks again and since then I've been having PVCs everyday and sometimes I'll get episodes when they are frequent like every 4 or 5 heartbeats will be a PVC and sometimes I've had it feel like I have 2 PVCs consecutively I was just at the hospital and EKG was normal bloodwork was good and chest x ray was good I was also at the hospital on Christmas for the same thing PVCs and anxiety. I go to my primary care doctor Monday to hopefully be put on a medication for anxiety and hopefully that will make the PVCs go away. I also have MVP but that's pretty much the only heart condition I've been diagnosed with. so my question is are these PVCs dangerous? my biggest worry is Ventricular Fibrillation

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I experience the same thing as you. The PVC's that are diagnosed as harmless. EKG, Echo Cardiogram all show everything is normal. I have a low dose Zanax too. .25 mg I think they are. I take one in the evening and it helps me sleep well. When I have the frequent PVC's they drive me crazy. I finally made an appointment with my primary care physician to ask what else could be causing these. I did tell him that I have anxiety and that it is much worse when the PVC's start. I also feel depressed and really over nothing specific. He said it could be something called general anxiety disorder. I looked it up and it sounds like what I go through. So he put me on a low dose of Zoloft (Sertraline is the generic). It has help a lot. I still have some palpitations at times, but nothing like I had been having. You might ask you doctor about an antidepressant.

• Posted

Any number of doctors I've been to try really, really hard to ignore all reports of PVCs. "It's normal, everyone gets them" is their attitude.

But if you get a lot of them, at some point that's not normal.

... but apparently you can have quite a lot of them and they are mostly harmless.

I'm sure I've crossed the line and should have had them taken MUCH more seriously, but they've mostly subsided now, after several years, so ... well, I just hope they stay mostly gone.

• Posted

ive been having them for the last 3 months on and off all day. night time is the worst. ive been in the er twice over them. im now taking a beta blocker that doesnt seem to help i still have them as much if not more than i did before. nights are getting so bad that i dread bed time

i feel like these pvs are stealing my joy, becuase i now sit in fear all day with them.

i also was diagnosed with MVP as a teenager.

im just so confused on why all of the sudden these began and just never stopped.

i have my echo and stress test this week. praying its all good.

the cardiologist told me not to worry about them and to relax, easier said then done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.