Frequent urge to poop

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having symptoms of IBS since the end of May. I'm wondering if it's normal to feel frequent urge to poop but only passing small amounts? Some days my stomach will behave and I will only go once or twice, others I feel like going all the time.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I may not go for a few days... Then I do go several times a day. Its annoying but I think common with IBS

• Posted

Sounds like IBS. Have you had a confirmed diagnosis of IBS from your doctor?

• Posted

Hi Layna.this has all of the symptoms of ibs ,but also of other conditions ,so have you been confirmed as ibs from your doctor,if not then go and see the doctor and get confirmation first.

• Posted

hi layna, that sounds like ibs to me. go see your doctor, you may be able to get some laxatives which soften your bowel so it's easier to go. good luck!

• Posted

i suffer from this as well. youre desperate to get to the loo but when you do you find you are constipated and you have to strain to release it. The end of May isn't a long time though so i would speak to your doctor if you haven't already

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.