Frequent urge to urinate and diarrhoea following a yeast infection

Posted , 7 users are following.

I lost my virginity early October and a couple weeks later I found out I had gotten a yeast infection. I used a canesten suppository as recommended by my doctor and it cleared up but then I had sex again for the second time and got it again! This time the canesten suppository didn't work so I tried some natural remedies (kefir, probiotics, cranberry etc.) for a couple weeks but I was still getting vaginal discharge. Fed up I tried some oral fluconazole from the local pharmacy and at first I was still getting discharge (I actually started to fear it was something else and went back for a check up - they confirmed I didn't have any STIs or thrush and just said that the increased discharge could be do to menstrual changes). After 2-3 weeks since the checkup, the discharge cleared up but for the last 2 weeks I've had a frequent urge to urinate (going 8+ times in a day) and until the last few days, I had also been pooing 2-3 times a day (and especially after food I suffered from bad gas). I've tried several times to get in touch with my GP at uni for the last week and have been unsuccessful. What do you think this may be? I'm scaring myself with thoughts of Diabetes and Kidney failure sad( I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and I was hoping to get sorted before then but it seems unlikely sad I don't want to spend my holiday running to the toilet

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention that there's tiny white particles in my pee

• Posted

Do you feel nauseous and bloated after meal? Check your tongue if it has got white patches and do revert
    • Posted

No white patches. What did you mean by "do revert"?

• Posted

It might be candida yeast infection that's messing with your gut

• Posted

Hi kay1198

You need to go to your doc to be checked for a urine infection which will make you urinate quite frequently...also mention the frequent bowel motions. Have you asked your partner if he has any problems in that direction...if so he should get a check up too...

• Posted

Hmmm. I never had a yeast infection, but I'm very sensitive in my area so every single time after sex, I always get a UTI. So I went to the doctors & Everytime I'm gonna have sex, I have to take an antibiotic first. What happens is, During sex, the urethra comes into contact with the bacteria from the genital area and anus, allowing them to enter the urethra, the bladder, and possibly eventually the kidneys, and result in an infection.

• Posted

Sounds like boyfriend needs treating at same time as you, had that with my husband after an infection would not clear up. 

Always wee immediately after sex, it is a given for me for many years, it washes out any bacteria in uthereta, and does help prevent cystitis, or bladder infection., advised by Dr after numerous infections.

• Posted

Please don't get upset but did you use prevention when you had sex?  One of the signs of pregnancy is frequent urination.  just a suggestion to consider this.

• Posted

You may have a UTI; take a urine sample to your doctor for testing.  Bowel movements two or three times a day does not sound that excessive.  Try a food diary to see what foods could be causing gas.  Broccoli, cabbage, and brussels sprouts can be culprits.  If you find a food trigger, avoid that food.  Avoid chewing gum and fizzy drinks which can also cause gas.  Try to relax and do not worry!   See your doctor for further advice if the above tips don’t work. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.