Frequent Urination

Posted , 8 users are following.

when I have to poop I simultaneously have the urgency to pee. I’ve been peeing a lot, like almost every hour for the last 6 hours today. I don’t think  this is due to a urinary tract infection though because it doesn’t hurt to pee. It’s like my bladder is still full after peeing. Could this be a prostate problem instead? I’m not exactly sure but the frequent urination and lower abdominal discomfort is very bothersome. Anyone know how to treat frequent urination? 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You may have an enlarged prostate.   It presses on your urinary track from your bladder and restricts  the flow of urine... You will have to see a doctor for examination, which is no big deal.   Normally with a urine infection, the smell is not normal and your urine might be a bit cloudy. All these symptoms are treatable. Your may be diabetic if your running to toilet frequently.....I AM NOT A DOCTOR   so I have only given you suggestions ....You must have it checked out by a doctor.   As I said, all these conditions are treatable.   Even if it is more serious...which I doubt, catching anything sinister early is the  most important thing.. So get it checked !

P.s.  a urinary tract infection does not normally hurt when peeing.

• Posted

Hi ,

Barnie is correct that frequent urination is a symptom of diabetes but the main symptoms are also rapid weight loss and extreme thirst . I’m diabetic myself.

Your symptoms are also typical of prostatitis especially the lower ab pain you mention . Your GP can examine your prostate to feel for any problems . If your prostate is enlarged he may be able to feel that and if it is uncomfortable to touch it’s possible prostatitis, which can be quite unpleasant but not serious . He will no doubt also request a blood test to measure your PSA level . You don’t mention your age but prostatitis is more common in men under 50 and enlarged prostate is more typical of older guys . 

You need to get it checked out though ASAP 

• Posted

Finding the right (fifth) urologist after 13 yrs and four incomplete procedures spewing clots has me:

peeing clear, not having to rush to the bathroom in a panic.

• Posted

I think having to pee while you poop is quite normal. I think it (pooping) can actually help you to empty your bladder. 
  • Posted

I usually pee some while pooping but, in order to better empty my bladder, after standing, and after some hesitation, always pee more.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.