Frequent Urination

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Everyone. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this symptom due to EBV. It has been one of my most annoying symptoms that seems to come and go. I have been checked multiple times for urinary tact infections and those have all been negative. I have also had a full pelvic ultrasound and have been told my bladder, ovaries and uterus are all just fine.

It doesn't burn when I urinate like a UTI might and there is no visible blood in my urine. However, I am frequently urinating. Full streams of urine. I don't even know where it all comes from. I wake up at least once a night to urinate and as soon as my alarm goes off I have to relieve my bladder again. Perhaps EBV is causing a bit of bladder inflammation was my thought.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Olivia,

As someone else with a weak bladder due to prostatitis over this past 18 months I really do empathise with the frustration of frequent urination. It sounds like you've done all the right things in terms of getting checked and everything and although frustrating not to have an explanation, it's encouraging for sure that the tests came back fine, hoping that can at least put your mind at rest a bit.

It could well be another one of those awful symptoms from the mono, thankfully it wasn't something I had when dealing with mono at the time but certainly worth looking into seeing if that is something that can be caused by the virus - the symptoms can be so wide-ranging and unique for each individual person it definitely could have a part to play for sure.

Hoping very much everything settles down very soon - hang in there Olivia, thinking of you.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you for the encouragement Craig. This was actually one of my first noticeable symptoms, along with getting flushed in the face. Like many of the symptoms it seems to be less intense but lingering. It's not painful, I just don't like that it disrupts my sleep. Luckily, it seems to be more intense during ovulation and then taper off. I feel like EBV has just made every body system so much more sensitive.

• Posted

Definitely Olivia - the virus really causes havoc and feels like it puts your whole body and system out of sync. Hoping everything settles soon, hang in there. There will be brighter days ahead for you, I believe that in my heart - hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

sometimes after i pee I feel irritation in my urethra, its from the virus shedding on the muconasal membrane. Feels like i need to urinate then

• Posted

How have you been doing Lob? It is always good to see a message from you. I just hope that you are having a more settled time at the moment. Things been tough for me this past month especially, having hip trouble and got cortisone injection today, really hoping it can help.

Craig

• Posted

hey craig I hope youll feel better soon. Hopefully the injection helps. Ive been having a lot of joint pain lately, which is kinda new. Also Im leaving for Glasgow in a few weeks so not really happy that Im still ill for another school year.

• Posted

So sorry to hear you're going through a lot of joint pain at the moment, I just wish so much this awful time would cease for you. I know how you feel Lob as it feels like I've just hit tough time after tough time too this last couple of years. I'm been really struggling lately with this hip pain, it's got me so down and had the injection last week, not really noticed much difference as yet, hoping and praying there can still be an effect.

Praying for God to bless and heal you Lob, you've been through so much and I hope that you manage okay with your trip and everything - keep in touch and I will keep thinking about you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.