Frequent Urination but Doctors say Im fine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

18 year old male, just to rule out any prostate related issues to those who may suggest it. I’ve been having this issue for about year now. It started after I attempted to urinate after recent ejaculation, and ever since then I’ve been having a frequent urination issue. Every medical professional I’ve spoken says that there’s nothing wrong: Negative for STDs and STIs, negative for infections / UTI, bladder isn’t displaced or thick (and apparently a thick bladder is a sign of an enlarged prostate). I was prescribed Vesicare and it didn’t do much. Now I’m taking Myerbetriq (did I spell that right?) and it’s been about two weeks with no change in symptoms. It’s frustrating because anytime I plan to have sex / do anything sexual it becomes tedious when I have to urinate during, before, and after. I noticed that after ejaculation, I have to pee at least twice back to back, but the amount is so small that it wouldn’t changed the color of the water in a water bottle. That’s another issue, where if I do urinate a lot in one go, the next few times will be small as if to say that I didn’t empty my bladder out entirely. I could use some advice and suggestions. I have started to change my diet because I weigh like 20 lbs more than I usually do (from 150 to 170 ish) and I’ve been having constipation recently so I was also suggested to take mirolax and colon cleansers because apparently constipation can cause this issue as well. 

Thanks to anyone who reads this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Noticed some typos, using my phone and can’t find the edit option haha.
  • Posted

hey man, I'm having similar symptoms like you, and I'm 24. It is still possible to have an infected prostate at 18 years of age, and urine tests can still miss bacteria that may be causing inflammation of the prostate. Have you had a digital rectal exam done ?, it will let the doctor feel for any abnormalities in the prostate, rather than just relying on urine tests. If it is not a prostate issue, you should request for a bladder scan to rule out any urinary retention issues that you may be having. During the bladder ultrasound, they will measure how much urine is left in your bladder after you urinate, and if there is a lot of urine left after urination, it could mean that you either have a physical obstruction in your urinary tract or non obstructive urinary retention caused by nerve problems (neurogenic bladder). A neurogenic bladder condition called overactive bladder, is where the bladder contracts, even though it is not full, resulting in frequent urination. The best study to diagnose neurogenic bladder is a video urodynamic study, which will give you real time video footage of the filling process and voiding process,and they can give you the best diagnosis. 

• Posted

Sorry for the late response -- I did have a bladder ultra sound done but they didn't notice anything major or anything related to the problem. Also, I was told that I might have OAB. I did hear about the urodynamic study, but I was told it requires a tiny scope to go in me. Have you had it done? Is it uncomfortable or will you be put to sleep for the procedure?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.