Frequent urination - Male

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

i have been suffering from frequent urination and lower abdominal pain for almost 40 days now.   The problem started with pain in belly button and then slowly started feeling freuqnet urination.  for 1 week it was like i always feel the sensation every second and i couldn't even sleep at night.  I visited GP, Surgen and urologyst.  They initially suspected UTI but had urine clture was negetative two times.  They did MRI for the whole abdomen. But it says cystitis in the blader and Mildly prominent appendix (5mm diameter).  But Surgen said he wouldn't worry about any of them. doctor gave me anti biotics. Which didn't give me any relief.  But after 3 weeks of continious sufferin, i felt OK for 1 week. Then next week , again belly button pain and now it is 5th week, and now sufferin again from frequent urination.   I had complete blood count and shows all are with in range except Lymphocytes ( 43 and absolute lukeolite count of lymphocytes is 3400).  ESR is 4.  

I also feel pain in lower abdomen and strage sensation as if something is poking there, itching inside and little burning sensation .. not sure how to explain.

I am kind of crazy now on what is going on .. and I am not sure where to go. All doctors say everything is normal and gave me clonozepem. sad  

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello!  Sorry to hear about your pain and frustration.  It can be hard to get a proper diagnosis with these types of symptoms.  Has anyone mentioned prostatitis?  It can be acute or chronic.  What about interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome?  I myself have have IC and suffer some of the same symptoms as you.  It's less common in men than in women but it does happen.  It's not very well understood compared to some other disorders but there is a lot of info online.  The Interstitial Cystitis Network has a helpful website and explains how diet and activities can affect it.  It also offers helpful hints on how to deal with it, but a knowledgeable urologist is key.  I hope this helps and you find relief soon.

• Posted

Thanks Amanda for your post.  I have been visiting  multiple doctors in past few days and they all they say is .. that this is because of anxity and physically I am ok.  I asked about prostate. He said he checked it and it is fine.

He saw the reports  I had USG abdomen and they measured pre / post void urine. Pre void was 410 ml and post void was 6 ml. I can't just believe when i saw the report as I thoght it would be empty. But i had nearly 1.5 to 2 lits of water before I had USG abdomen.  It took 30 mins from the doctors office to reach home and again i passed 450 Ml of urine. ( measured it. ).

Doctor says,if i could hold 410 ml, then there is no issue.  I tried to convince him many times that I am suffering a lot. But he says he knows everything and he doesn't need listen anything. He is asking me just to hold and not to go to bathroom frequently.

He also asked me not to waste money on visiting doctots.

I understand that anxity could cause frequent urination but would it last for 40 days or months ? 

I now dont know what to do.  :-( 

But he did give me few tablets. Hope atleast they help.

• Posted

Guys , Really need anyone's help. I am really crying for some help.

I have been going to multiple Urologysts and general physicians abd everyone is saying there is no issue.

Recently I realized that whenever i had ejaculation, all symptoms are starting again.

It was Ok for a week to 10 days recently.  But I had a wet dream recently and symptoms are back now. I metnioned the sam eto the Urologyst but he says there is no relation. I clearly noticed it multiple number of times.   But he doesn't seem to care about it. The other urologyst also mentioned th esame thing.  Now i dont know what to do now. I also have lowe back pain. Pain that goes into thighs and testicles.

Anyone experienced this. Please tell me what helped. 

• Posted

I have all blood work and doctor said everything is normal. Whatelse could be causing these issues. 

Whenever i feel normal, I feel happy and then after few days, they are all back to issues. sad

I am begging god for some help.

• Posted

Iam also going through the same thing did you find anything helpful? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.