Frequent urination on citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on citalopram for2 wks now. As soon as I went up to 10 mg, I started having frequent urination. Anybody else have this side effect and did it go away? Driving me crazy.thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

Yes it will subside slowly. As for me it slowly subsided. I also had insomnia during that time. Good luck keep us posted of how you are.

Will😎

• Posted

Ive been on 20mg Citalopram for 7 weeks now.  The many side effects including frequent urinating have subsided.  Hope you feel the benefits soon. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm using oxytrol patches to help control it. I went off my meds in Feb, around late April all hell broke lose. I've lost 28 lbs throughout this ordeal, hard to eat. The frequent urination doesn't help. Been on cit for 2 weeks now, hoping it subsides soon. How long did it take yours to start to go away? I also have a bladder problem anyway, which doesn't help. Thank you for sharing

• Posted

So for me the side effects began to wear off after 3 - 4 weeks, certainly got a lot better in that time if not totally removed.  I'd definitely keep with them as you should feel it ease soonsmile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.