Frequent urination on Zoloft

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been prescribed Zoloft 50mg and it seems to really be helping for my anxiety. Since starting though I have needed to go to the bathroom a lot more. I got tested and it’s not a UTI. Do these symptoms go away with time?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI kim  how long did it take for ure tablets to start kicking in properly? As I’ve been on 100mgs now for the past 6wks with not much improvement. Any advice or reassurance please🌹

• Posted

Hi Debra,

For me it took 9 weeks to feel good on 100mg. It was like a light switch going from being pretty miserable for the first 8 weeks and by week 9 I felt more confident and the anxiety disappeared. You will get there!

• Posted

Thank you so much heather for ure reply. It gives me a bit of hope and reassurance. R u still on 100mgs now or av u gone up to 150mgs🌹

• Posted

I never increased my dose because I feel good on the 100mg. I don’t want to go through the struggle again of starting over each time you increase. At 9 weeks I no longer needed to take the low dose of Klonopin I had been taking because morning were the most dreadful. Sertraline on its own made me feel good again and it honestly was like a light switch. Good luck to you and stick with it!
  • Posted

I have pressure to go too and then very little happens. Was given nitrofurantoin for 7 days for a suspected UTI. Sample came back negative. I stopped the antibiotics which knocked me for 6. I’ve increased sertraline to 75mg for a couple of weeks and then will take 100mg on the advice of my gp. I am not experiencing the awful side effects I had when I started on 50mg last October just fatigue but no debilitating nausea thank god.

how long have you been on 50mg? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.