Frequent urination problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

im a 31 year old male and have been experiencing very concerning symptoms. i think i may have a stricture, but am not quite sure. i have to urinate almost every 20 mins and have discomfort in my urethra. For background, i have had several catheterizations and fear this has done some damage to my urethra....

One odd thing is that i have had an RUG and cystoscopy and both came back normal, but my symptoms are very alarming. Also, since the cystoscopy i have had a sharp stinging sensation in my urethra and now wonder if the procedure has caused damage.

Any advise or answers are welcome.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Not sure what's an RUG. Presumably you had issues before the cystoscopy as well, hence not necessarily something your cystoscopy caused. Do you also have urine retention issues? One thing you should ask for in addition to STD test is a urodynamic study, where they put some measuring devices in your bladder and your rectum to see how well your bladder pushes out the urine. It could also be a problem with your bladder neck muscle not relaxing in sync with your bladder muscle tensing, or it could be a prostate enlargement issue. good luck

• Posted

RUG stands for retrograde urethrogram which takes xrays of the urethra. this was normal. not sure if its a bladder neck issue... i usually urinate at least 7oz of urine, which is barely the average amount, i just go a lot, like i said every hour and sometimes every 30 mins... i had an std test a couple weeks ago and was clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.