Frequent urination / right testicle pain SO SCARED!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can some please help me out PLEASE! Ok about a week and half ago .. one day I peeded for a long time and every since then the frequent urination has followed espically at night, going 2-4 times a night.. then The lower abdominal pain started to appear more on right side and my lower back hurts on and off too.. at the doctors office he checked urine and everything was negative .. he also told me to lay on my back and he pressed down on my stomach and when he did the right side it hurt more, and that’s when he said I’m going to need to check your prostrate, so he did but he said he didn’t get the go all the way up I’m guessing he didn’t get a full exam of it ??  He said it might be prostatitis.. he gave me some meds . The name is sulfamethoxazole trimethoprim, I been taking for about 5 days now .. still pain on and off in testicles especially right and the peeing isn’t as bad as it was but it’s still more than usually.. I’m so scared this is prostate or bladder cancer sad someone please help

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

By the way I’ll be 32 next week  if that makes an difference 
    • Posted

32 is peak age for prostatitis. Google "What is Chronic Prostatitis / Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CP/CPPS)??"

Moderator comment: I have removed the link as users can easily find the information using a search engine rather than linking to a specific website. If users want the specific link use the Private Message service to exchange.

• Posted

Sounds like he's treating you for non-bacterial prostatitis. All the symptons you mention are fairly common with UTIs and/or prostatitis. They do not suggest prostate cancer at all. Are you seeing a urologist or a GP? You should be seeing a urologist. Curious, about how old are you?

Jim

• Posted

Yea that’s my concern though because I’m still having all these symptoms after taking the medicine for like 5 days.. I’m thinking it might be my prostate sad 
  • Posted

So you're a young man at 32 and a lot of young men seem afflicted with prostatitis. Back then, if I can remember that far back smile, I had similar symptons if I got sexually aroused and did not climax. I think in college they called it "blue balls". If the shoe fits...Oh, your symptons also do not sound like bladder cancer either, which was one of your concerns.

Jim

• Posted

John, Over the Years, I have experienced ALL the symptoms You're experiencing - simultaneously or individually. 

?Someone suggested You see a Urologist and I agree with them.

?I'm going to tell you a few of the things that caused some of my issues just to let you know.  These things don't mean you've done any or all - especially recently - but can give you and Idea of what I've experienced since I was 19 and today I am 70+!

?1.  I had a Vasectomy at around age 27 as We had 2 Boys by then and planned on having no more.  The Stitches were of a different material back then and I still have issues sometimes with Testicular Pain on the Right Testicle.

2.  After my Retirement at age 49, My Wife and I toured America and Canada on a Harley.  The constant Vibration caused the right Testicle to swell considerably, painfully, and I had to see a Physician in Canada!

?3.  I developed Prostatitis at about age 23.  It took a total of 6 Weeks of Augmentin to completely clear it up.

?4.  I learned at a very early age to "Go a Long Time - sometimes 4 Hours" as We married Very Young and my Wife was VERY SLOW to reach Orgasm!  This was both a Blessing and a Curse as I enjoyed the lengthy Love Making but sometimes I would hurt in my Testicles for a day or two after such a Marathon!

?5.  Today, I am still Sexually Active but have BPH. (Benign Enlarged Prostate).  This can cause Pain AFTER Orgasm - and it's highly unlikely You're getting BPH at only 35!

?One thing You can almost completely get out of your Mind - and that is Cancer!  Cancer doesn't normally Hurt!  Even advanced Prostate Cancer in Older Men isn't normally Painful - which is why it is oftentimes not diagnosed until a routine exam!

?Having said all the above, I'm NOT a Physician.  But I am confident you will be fine, however, I still concur with the other Poster who suggested You see a Urologist since you are so concerned.  Where I live, one doesn't have to have a referral - just make your appointment!  If the previous MD couldn't do a complete Digital Exam, whether He's an MD or a Urologist, find one with a LONGER FINGER! (NO PUN INTENDED!)  Also a PSA is in order.  Very simple Blood Lab Test.

?I'll be thinking of you and keep us Posted!  I'm convinced You'll be fine!

Regards,

Ernie

• Posted

thank you so much for the detail reply! i really do appreciate that alot. its just so weird to me how this all started one day out the blue. do  you think this could come from using lotion while masturbation? i asked my doctor and he believe it couldnt but i dont know how else all this could have started sad  yes im going to have to see a urologist to see whats going on again. last time i had kidney stones but he said it had passed. so maybe its just a bladder infection and nothing that cant be changed i just hope its not any type of cancer or something i would have to live with for the rest of my life. 
    • Posted

and for your Prostatitis what symptoms was you having? and 6 weeks to heel thats a long time lol. ill talk to my doctor today and see what he says and go from there
  • Posted

any of info out there guys?? im going in to see urologist tomorrow and im scared to death thinking of the worse!! PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME MORE INFO THANKU
    • Posted

John,

Hope today went ok for you.

I’ve been in your shoes and genuinely feel for you.

At 17, I had a cycling accident. That combine with uncomfortable saddles and many many miles of racing ruined my prostate.  I managed to live with it but don’t respect it much. Just carried on as if I was always going to be 17. 

Fast forward 30 years and right now, I’m recovering from a very painfuland distressing bout. (Google how do you kill yourself - It got that bad, I did and it’s interesting how search works well with that)

What you have can be so many things. (Perineal injury - prostitis - inaugural hernia - pudendal nerve damage) and many of these injuries recover with good old fashioned bed rest.

At your age it’s more than likely not something sinister.

My advice - Please try stay off the internet at times like these. It’s a great place to find some answers but unless you have medical training to make sense of the wealth of info out there, my advice is stay off line and go see your doc. Do your best to put it to the back of your mind. Obsessing and worrying WILL MAKE IT WORSE.

9 times out of 10 the truth (once you get to it) is much easier to deal with than the anxiety. I almost lost my mind, my family and my life, that’s no exaggeration. 

Keep safe and god bless. 

Craig 

PS I wasn’t at all religious before my experience, not one bit. I found myself praying for things to turn out ok and I made deals with our maker. Deals I intend to keep. 

• Posted

Sorry for late reply! I been dealing with this and trying to get s new job.. I had a phone interview the day off my appointment, when I got there they had me wait almost 45 mins before I was seen, and I was pushing it trying not to miss my phone interview.. so I didn’t ask to many questions , but he looked at my past results and told me he thought I was fine and he looked st my urine test I did that day and said he didn’t see anything and checked my testicles and didn’t see anything I guess because he didn’t say anything .. he basically asked what was going on and I told him some testicle pain and some lower abdominal pain and lower back pain.. he asked if I drank a lot of coffee and do I eat aloe of spicy foods? I said one cup of coffee a day and I love spicy food and have acid reflux!  He said I really believe it’s just what your taking in and eating . He didn’t run any other test sad plus I was rushing now I’m thinking he missed something ! Because back still hurting and testicles a little bit.. I don’t pee but only like one time at night so that has calmed down a lot but still some pain in testicles and lower abdominal and lower back.. he said it should get better just drink a lot of water and try not to eat spicy food and it should get better.. if not come in and we can go from there 
  • Posted

???
    • Posted

Sorry John,

I’ve not been well at all. Have been to docs 3 x now and on my 3rd lot of antibiotics

No teats run at all. It’s crazy. 

I’ve only just managed to get downstairs and turn th of on. 

Not sure what you are most concerned about? 

You sound to young for cancer. Depending on the tests the doc ran, I’d hazard a guess and say you have CPPS

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_prostatitis/chronic_pelvic_pain_syndrome

The anxiety is the worst thing, you need to try your best to keep away from frighting sites. 

Try be strong 

Craig 

• Posted

Have you had sex with someone recently before all of this started?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.