Frequently reoccurring stomach issues.

Posted , 3 users are following.

so I keep having these issues where I'll either wake up with it or i will suddenly develop symptoms late at night.

it starts with very rotten burps, then I will get nausea and diarrhea. it will last about 24 hours and go away, and maybe a day or two later it will start over again.

I use a CPAP machine and I think this might be a cause? that I might need an auto titration CPAP.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shylur614

CPAP machines need regular cleaning. Do you clean yr machine regularly? as it can hold bacteria. Why not try and stop using the machine for a short while if you can and see if your symptoms stop. Other than that see your Sleep Apnea Consultant, you may need a new machine if you have had your CPAP machine for long time....

• Posted

thanks for the reply. I probably dont clean it as much as I should but I thought that could cause sinus infections, not stomach issues? I'm only speculating at this point because I read that you can swallow air in your sleep and have these types of issues. other than that, I cant stop using the machine even for one night because I drive a bus 8-10 hours a day.

I'm trying to figure out how to stop these issues cause it makes my job really hard when I'm driving and have nausia and diarrhea. it's not like I can stop and run to the bathroom lol

• Posted

Hi shuyler614

I would suggest you see your doc or call Sleep Apnea clinic.....

• Posted

Hi shuyler614

I have sent you some info...do you think you may have the machine turned up too high??

• Edited

What's a CPAP machine?

• Posted

Hi pippa58442

A CPAP Machine is a machine that produces oxygen and is worn on the face by those who suffer from sleep apnea. It is worn at night or when one wishes to sleep and it supplies them with sufficient oxygen when they breathe thus stopping them waking several times during sleep. Sleep Apnea sufferers wake several times at night because they are unable to breathe in sufficient oxygen and the CPAP machine enables them to have a good nights sleep and enables them wake up refreshed....without the machine they feel as if they have had no sleep at all...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.